RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2018 proposal  (Read 1019 times)

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
Re: 2018 proposal
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Hi Fred

I suspect they want to get them published early so everybody can get a chance to digest it all in advance. Think things over and make informed and rational decisions.

Any one can still put proposals forward, people will have sight of them and can discuss at Cotswold further.

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »
Hi All

There's a page on the BRCA website with all the AGM details and the forms that you need to fill in and these need to be published 4 weeks before the AGM to be valid.

https://www.brca.org/sections/brca-articles/annual-general-meeting-2017

Thanks Andy
As stated above "proposals must be published 4 weeks before the AGM" . Then any proposals discussed at the Cotswold GP will be to late.

Fred M

Hi Fred

The proposal by Scott and seconded by Andy is to have an "EGM at the last meeting of the season, maybe 8 weeks before the AGM" this would be Mendip this weekend.

I'm sure there will be an opportunity over the weekend for everyone to have their discussion.😋😋

Hopefully you will be at Mendip.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:45:39 PM by Roy Davies »

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »
Hi all,

The intention was to run an EGM at the Cotswold GP as it's likely to be the best attended.

Most sensible way forward I think, is to have a general discussion this weekend around proposals, put the key ones forward onto the BRCA website before the deadline, then we can vote at Cotswold and take the outcomes to the main AGM.

Unless there's any high level issues arising from the Exec then the AGM is a rubber-stamp exercise,  a review of the finances, election of officers and any AOB stuff.

If needed we can clarify EGM details, timings etc. for future years at the same time.
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X
BRCA Bike Section Chairman

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »
My thoughts on classes:

Leave stock as is with EB and non-EB 17.5: it's close racing and with non-EB allows for the casual racer, newbies or a budget option.

Looking at the relative speeds of people this year along the straights, there's very little difference: it's all down to handling, setup, skill and consistency between myself near the back and the front runners.

I like the idea of 10.5 or similar for superbike - it could be a good compromise between speed, drivability and cost, help spread racers between classes and open up 17.5 again?

The rest I'd suggest we leave as is...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:21:12 PM by Adder »
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X
BRCA Bike Section Chairman

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
Think that's a good idea to utilise MENDIP and Cotswold in that way Scott. You'll catch the maximum number of people over the two meetings. It will also allow for written copies of the suggested proposal to be drafted. Great way forward.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
2017 AGM Proposal Forms
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 09:44:26 PM »
Couldn't find a specific post for BRCA AGM so have added under the nearest subject heading.

For those that wish to submit a proposal I have located documents below. Hope links work and that I have not pre-empted another post.

https://www.brca.org/documents/768-agm-proposal-form-pdf.html

https://www.brca.org/documents/767-agm-proposal-form-word.html
Pages: 1 [2]