RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2018 proposal  (Read 1752 times)

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
Re: 2018 proposal
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
Hi Fred

I suspect they want to get them published early so everybody can get a chance to digest it all in advance. Think things over and make informed and rational decisions.

Any one can still put proposals forward, people will have sight of them and can discuss at Cotswold further.

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 06:47:40 PM »
Hi All

There's a page on the BRCA website with all the AGM details and the forms that you need to fill in and these need to be published 4 weeks before the AGM to be valid.

https://www.brca.org/sections/brca-articles/annual-general-meeting-2017

Thanks Andy
As stated above "proposals must be published 4 weeks before the AGM" . Then any proposals discussed at the Cotswold GP will be to late.

Fred M

Hi Fred

The proposal by Scott and seconded by Andy is to have an "EGM at the last meeting of the season, maybe 8 weeks before the AGM" this would be Mendip this weekend.

I'm sure there will be an opportunity over the weekend for everyone to have their discussion.😋😋

Hopefully you will be at Mendip.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:45:39 PM by Roy Davies »

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »
Hi all,

The intention was to run an EGM at the Cotswold GP as it's likely to be the best attended.

Most sensible way forward I think, is to have a general discussion this weekend around proposals, put the key ones forward onto the BRCA website before the deadline, then we can vote at Cotswold and take the outcomes to the main AGM.

Unless there's any high level issues arising from the Exec then the AGM is a rubber-stamp exercise,  a review of the finances, election of officers and any AOB stuff.

If needed we can clarify EGM details, timings etc. for future years at the same time.
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X
BRCA Bike Section Chairman

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »
My thoughts on classes:

Leave stock as is with EB and non-EB 17.5: it's close racing and with non-EB allows for the casual racer, newbies or a budget option.

Looking at the relative speeds of people this year along the straights, there's very little difference: it's all down to handling, setup, skill and consistency between myself near the back and the front runners.

I like the idea of 10.5 or similar for superbike - it could be a good compromise between speed, drivability and cost, help spread racers between classes and open up 17.5 again?

The rest I'd suggest we leave as is...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:21:12 PM by Adder »
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 11:04:33 AM »
Think that's a good idea to utilise MENDIP and Cotswold in that way Scott. You'll catch the maximum number of people over the two meetings. It will also allow for written copies of the suggested proposal to be drafted. Great way forward.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
2017 AGM Proposal Forms
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 09:44:26 PM »
Couldn't find a specific post for BRCA AGM so have added under the nearest subject heading.

For those that wish to submit a proposal I have located documents below. Hope links work and that I have not pre-empted another post.

https://www.brca.org/documents/768-agm-proposal-form-pdf.html

https://www.brca.org/documents/767-agm-proposal-form-word.html

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 05:53:38 PM »
As explained at Mendip, unfortunately we've missed the opportunity for a formal EGM at Cotswold, so any proposals need to be voted for at the BRCA AGM, although there's nothing to stop us from reviewing them at the GP.

So far, there's only been the one proposal from Roy to formalise the EGM details for 2018: anything more needs to be completed on the forms linked in Roy's post and sent to Andy by the end of this week as per the AGM notifications earlier in this post, on Facebook and the BRCA website.

Don't forget at the AGM, we also vote for committee positions, so if you'd like to stand and help run the section you'd be very welcome.

I'm unsure if I can commit to be Chair for 2018, so that position at least is likely to be vacant if anyone else would like a go!

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:00:24 PM by Adder »
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 11:03:21 AM »
Hopefully Scott you will find the time to continue as Chairman, it's been obvious through the year that your non divisive nature has been good for the Bike Section.
The whole committee has done a great job and it would be great to have continuity again this year.
Rules have been by and large good for everyone so why try and fix something that seems to work.

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »
Hi All

Unfortunately I will not be able to stand as Secretary for next Season due to family reasons. I am happy to assist the new Secretary in booking the events, but can't commit to being a full time Secretary.

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 02:20:45 PM »
Thanks Andy for all your help over the years on the bike section committee not just as secretary but your time as race director as well , i know how hard that job is . Also thanks to Scott for doing the Chairmen's job this year . As a section we now need people to come forward and help run the section if we can not get a committee together there will be no National racing next year .
We can all have a chat at the GP at Cotswolds before racing gets under way and see if anyone come's forward forward to help run the section . There is no point waiting for the AGM to select a committee . We need to know if there are people willing to help out .  I will stand as race director for 1 more season as long as we can get help for the Sunday as the last few meeting have worked out well for me doings it that way , it means i get to race on the Sunday and not spend all day in race control .

We need a : Chairmen , Secretary , and money man .( JJ are you willing to stand again)
If there is anyone willing to come forward and help please let us know .

Thanks Neal V
KP21e

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 10:54:03 AM »
Many thanks Andy, your efforts are massive in the bike section and will be missed.

Scott, I hope you can continue as Chairman.

I am willing to continue as Treasurer for the next year

Regards
JJ
M3Rn Nitro, Jabber 15 Moto 2, Superblade Nitrobike, Metisse Sidecar

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 12:29:25 PM »

Cheers Neal and JJ...

BRCA Bike Secretary

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »
Andy thanks for all your hard work for the section over the years, you have certainly earned a break.

Plus a thank you to Neal and JJ for putting their hands up for next year.

Fingers crossed that Scott can carry on as well.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:16:53 PM by Steve Leake »

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 05:43:54 AM »
Hi All

For anyone who has forgotten, all the BRCA Bike proposals can be found here under the Proposals 'tab' mid-way down page.

https://www.brca.org/sections/brca-articles/annual-general-meeting-2017

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary
Pages: 1 [2]