RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2018 Summer Series  (Read 49 times)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS2 '14 Eini nitro '15 M3r '15 RGn '18 RGn
2018 Summer Series
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:41:29 PM »
Round 1  15 April

Not a bad day today, the first round of the Halifax Summer series and racing was in full swing. It was good to see Derek and Ian McLarney back at the track and along with Alan Leighton and myself, I thought we had a heat of 4 bikes. However, Ian had only come to play 1/8 cars for the day, but 3 bikes is enough for a heat and bit of fun. Although the forecast wasn't too good, it at least stayed dry until the final. Qualifying had Derek and me struggling to get on Alan's pace, that bike of his is so planted! My excuses included a broken belt, engine out of tune and glowstart falling to bits in the final. Derek had GRP M3s which although soft, didn't seem to hook up on the cool track when it was dry and didn't work at all when the drizzle came down just before the final. Can't take anything away from Alan though, with fast consistent laps and no mistakes in qualifying, pole was expected and easily achieved. The track for the final was actually on that very greasy verge of being just damp, which caused a few front washouts, even with long bars suited for the wet. However, our lap times looked a lot better than those of the Gt8 class, racing in the same conditions!
Overall result 1. Alan Leighton  2. John Veal   3. Derek McLarney.