RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Email contact  (Read 756 times)

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
Email contact
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:59:17 PM »
As some may know but for those that don’t, I have joined the BRCA Bike Section Committee as PRO for 2018/19.

I appreciate not everyone follows the Bike actively via Facebook and some find the BRCA website not to be that user friendly which also ties in with a possible addition to our Section this year.

One thought is to email direct to everyone regular general updates and or news.

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
Re: Email contact
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:45:01 AM »
And some of us dont find Facebook that user friendly :)

group emails would be ok, but what about new guys coming in, they wouldn't know, or be able to find that info?

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 11:38:56 AM »
Hi John
It only seems to be the two of us using the forum recently 👍

The email contact would be additional to the public forums.

It may also be a useful communication route to send topics which may not be appropriate over the public forums if the need arises.

Mark Plested

• Professional
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 06:01:35 PM »
I think there are other people than just both of you that view this forum still, that do not use FB. But agree this forum is not a popular as it was.
Not keen on group emails myself.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 02:49:56 PM »
Thanks Mark for the feedback. Its always difficult to know which is better, Facebook group/page or closed forum like this.

Think Johns comments about finding items is much easier on forums as long as someone manages it. General news is probably easier and gets to a wider audience quicker on Facebook.

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
Hi Guys

I still use this forum, and believe It has a place in supporting RC bike racing both in the UK and worldwide.

The financing for this is from the BRCA, and was a topic discussed briefly at the section conference under AOB.

I will check the minutes to remind me what , if anything, was decided.

I am pleased that there seems to be others who also value the forum.

Regards
Martin Woodcock
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 05:23:01 PM by JJ »
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+, RG Evolution Nitro 4R, X-Rider Mars 1/8th
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 12:52:59 PM »
Hi Guys

I still use this forum, and believe It has a place in supporting RC bike racing both in the UK and worldwide.

The financing for this is from the BRCA, and was a topic discussed briefly at the section conference under AOB.

I will check the minutes to remind me what , if anything, was decided.

I am pleased that there seems to be others who also value the forum.

Regards
Martin Woodcock

It was raised in your report but no response or decision made. Unless raised again at a committee meeting will continue as is.
With the drive towards utilising the BRCA website for all BRCA related items there is a big section of this forum which will become dormant.
Unfortunately the BRCA site is a minefield to navigate for up to date information. Hopefully this will change.

turbod

• Rookie
  • david withall
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 05:48:25 PM »
What happened to moto 5 on face book ? I used to be a member but now its gone.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
What happened to moto 5 on face book ? I used to be a member but now its gone.

The Moto-5 Facebook group was renamed BRCA Bike Section for official use.

There is a Facebook Group called Moto 5 for use by anyone with an interest in RC Bikes.

Darren J

• Racer
  • Please enter your real name, See about Moto-5
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 01:43:59 PM »
Hi Roy,

Thanks for joining the committee,
I would be happy with group email (as long as its not too many), maybe a monthly update ?
And I am happy to use and view this forum for bike info, I can not understand why we are forced to join facebook if we want to comment on our section (as pushed by BRCA and our chairman)
It seems crazy to me that this forum has so much information on it, is paid for by the BRCA and yet its use is actively discouraged...It worked very well for a long time, and from what I have seen being on Facebook hasnt exactly boosted our race entries ?

Cheers

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Hi Darren,
I agree with you, so much information on here and still a lot of information, facts, calendars etc to be added. If only people still used it.
But I don't understand what you mean by actively discouraged? I don't recall anything like that, I've never been discouraged from using it and I am still happy to post stuff here, even if no one reads it! I think most agree that Facebook is easy to use, it has advantages, but I still prefer using this forum.

Darren J

• Racer
  • Please enter your real name, See about Moto-5
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
Hi John,

When was the last time that anything to do with our section was posted by the committee, on this forum ?

And to quote our chairman, from the thread discussing 2018 Nationals:

"Further information and questions use either use the BRCA ticket system on you Member profile menu or Facebook if you have it."

Cheers

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
Hi John,

When was the last time that anything to do with our section was posted by the committee, on this forum ?

And to quote our chairman, from the thread discussing 2018 Nationals:

"Further information and questions use either use the BRCA ticket system on you Member profile menu or Facebook if you have it."

Cheers

Darren I also had a similar impression that the Moto-5 Forum was / is being sidelined. Unfortunately most people fined social media to be easier to post instant reaction, sometimes in haste.

As we all appreciate the Section has been in turmoil for a few years, which we all must bear some responsibility. We have attracted some new but lost active members and somehow we need to improve that position.

Even though I didn’t make the Section Conference I was asked if I would join the committee. I have to be honest it wasn’t an easy “yes”, particularly has I haven’t always been shy in voicing my displeasure previously along with several others.

Saying that, having attended just one Executive Meeting it is obvious that the biggest problem is communication. It was said several times at the meeting that the Executive can only act on the feedback they get from the Sections. If that feedback is misguided then the decisions will be at odds with the Sections and its members, keeping in mind that the Bike Section is only one of many.

Whilst Rules and Procedures will never be everyone’s “cup of tea”, we all appreciate that they are necessary. We can only try and ensure that this improves as we go forward.

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 11:36:17 AM »
This is the first time i have looked at moto 5 for a long time . I am going to try and use more in the future.
Facebook as took over lets try and get this forum back up and running .
KP21e

Awynn

• Racer
  • Alex W.
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 07:08:36 PM »
I still look here now and again, not that there is usually much to see. I was/still am against facebook over this forum as I find important info gets lost amongst crap such as people in other countries advertising stuff. As somebody who isn't glued to facebook 24/7, I don't have 'facebook friends' and refuse to have notifications and such, I find myself trawling through a bunch of crap to find if there even is anything I need whereas here I can simply go to the relevant area or hit 'Show unread posts since last visit' and see what's what a lot easier! I think I'm getting older and grumpier.
Pages: [1] 2