RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 2017 Summer Club championship Dates  (Read 2123 times)

Karl Boak

• Racer
Re: 2017 Summer Club championship Dates
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
Sorry chaps, work has been mental and I'm not going to make it this Sunday, slightly gutted to say the least!

I was hoping to run the supermoto to see if its a gooer, who knows it could become a new class, I guess that'll have to wait for another day...  :'(

Thanks for the comments chaps, sorry I've not responded till now, Jonathan I have been playing with the weights in the gyro but didn't think of removing it completely!  ;) The whole supermoto seems to be popular in France with some nice modified M5's out there for inspiration, they all seem to run an ally front wheel as you suggest! ;D

Have a great weekend chaps!
Karl Boak

Drives:- T3 Camper, Doka, Polo and Westy
Rides:- Monkey
Pilots:- TTn

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS-2, '14 Einibike nitro, '15 M3r, 2015 RGn
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
No problem Karl, thanks for letting us know.

Anyone else coming this Sunday?

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS-2, '14 Einibike nitro, '15 M3r, 2015 RGn
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2017, 07:48:07 PM »

Well, what a great day! 3 nitro bikes v 3 stock electrics in the same heat, an interesting combination and a lot closer times than I at first imagined. The track opened at 9am, weather a little cool, but the sun was out so could be hot later. One of the first out for practice was Martin Harris, also first time with an rc bike, Martin struggled  at first with the cool track giving minimal grip with his Roadie shod bike. This was compounded by any off track incursion giving wet tyres from the grass dew, not ideal to learn on. But with some first hand coaching from Alan Leighton, Martin started to get it together. There would be 4 qualifying heats today, but the first heat of bikes was actually 6 minutes or so of more practice, as the timing laptop needed re-booting. Great for Martin, who needed as much practice as possible, less so for the nitros that needed re-fuelling. So, with the second attempt at Rd1, JV took advantage of the early practice and Bagged no 1 spot with 11 laps, but only just, as Alan was only 1.6 seconds back! We could see this was going to be close from now on.
Rd2 and most improved by a lap or so, JV and Alan L both on 12 laps this time and despite a foray on the 23 second bracket, JV couldn't keep Alan at Bay. Ken Gospel pulled in another lap and another 3rd place, but was having trouble finding the faster laps from the recent National.
Rd3 was frought by a few bikes going down, but JV still managed his fastest 12 lapper yet, Alan having a little trouble but still 2nd and Derek McLarney improving to take 3rd.
Rd 4 - can't remember much, pushing to take FTQ but not quite managing. So Alan was on pole for the final, JV 2nd, Derek 3rd, Ken 4th, Martin 5th and unfortunately Alan Watkinson had to pull out for the final due to clutch issues on both bikes.
The rolling start 10 minute final started well and within 1 lap Alan was about 3-4 metres in front of JV. Derek was in 3rd, Ken 4th. But the fight at the front was only about JV and Alan. Neither made a mistake for the whole 10 minutes and although the gap varied slightly, it only ever seemed to average 3-4 metres. JV was hoping for a little mistake from Alan to reverse the positions and was getting close and desperate by lap 21. So tried to push, really push, getting a new nitro PB in the process! But it wasn't enough, Alan responded with his best lap at the same time and that's how it stayed till the end, each done 24 laps, 1.6 seconds apart. Phew. Derek was 3rd, not bad having not raced this bike before, Ken a lap down in 4th, still looking for those elusive lap times we know he is capable of. And Martin bringing up the rear, but now with 4 laps strung together without a crash! Onwards and upwards Martin..

Next Club race is in 2 weeks, 3 Sept. Be There!
Pages: 1 [2]