RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Worlds  (Read 5985 times)

RokiRead

• Professional
The Worlds
« on: August 04, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
I got back yesterday lunchtime and still brain fried from a great weeks racing.It was abit weird the way you dont actually race but they add up 2 out of the best 3 rounds.My final runs where some what scuppered by some crazy banzai backmarkers/wingmen but I guesse thats a lesson for next year.I managed 5th Place but more inportantly had a brilliant time so thanks to all those that made it.The bike was really good in the final runs so I gave it everything .Ive just got to say thanks to Keith for comming to support everybody it was really good to see you,your wife and Mark hope you enjoyed it.

Also other shout outs to Scousy for 3rd in the Stock,Roger for an outstanding rookie performance in stock.Shaun for a great attempt in the A final.Symon for making the top 20 and being a great race starter.Dez for the most exciting finish of a heat (that I saw anyway) he drove like a crazy man to pull back and pass on the line to make the next round.Also Colin for finding out he was a Daddy and still finishing 6th.

Im sure Ive probably forgotten most of what happened already but it was all worth the effort.

I cant see the results anywhere but im sure someone will post them soon.

See most of you at Halifax
Laters Tatas.

Rokfurter
When the flag drops the Bulls#*t stops

Dave Scouse

• Professional
Re: The Worlds
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:24:45 PM »
yo rokiread. it was great to see you at germany, you did fantastic for your first worlds. it defo opens your eyes to see how fast the bikes realy go. and how tough the competiion realy is. and as roki said thanks for all you british guys. it was great to spend time with you all and to have a laugh. the weather was sooooooooo hot :P and a big well done to roger hardy for his first world event and for finishing 5th i think, what a rookie. see you guys at halifax.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:35:32 PM by Chris Douglas »
Secretary for rc 1/5 bikes for 2010/2011

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
Yes,well done to all the UK guys,it was a fantastic event......Dave,roki and colin were truly world class!!.......as roki said,he got blocked in all three of his runs by the same guy...i dont think it was meant,but it did slow him down a bit,and cost him a possible,fourth or even third place.

Massive thanks to Keith for all the back up in spares etc...you could;nt have wished for better support........

And CONGRATULATIONS to colin on becoming a dad!!!!........hopefully he will now be tired all the time and it will slow him down on the track!!!!!! ;D

Hopefully see you all at halifax,

Cheers The Bomber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Phil Tennant

• Semi Professional
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »
Well done all of you for flying the flag ;D

It was soooo frustrating back here trying (and failing!!) to get the bloody live timing to work. >:(

Congratulations to Col on his first born, Charlotte.

I will catch up with most of you at Halifax so once again well done guys!!
Phil Tennant
Professional Bumbling Idiot

Torrance

• Racer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 09:20:17 PM »
after the pre-worlds i recall making a post here saying that it was a pleasure to have met Roki, Darren, Graham, and Alan, and that i was looking forward to meeting the rest of the UK crew.  well, i wasn't disappointed.  that was great fun.

i thoroughly enjoyed battling with Jevon during qualifying and during our 1/4 finals.  also i want to thank Dez for acting as my spotter while driving in the same qualifying group as me - if you can believe that's possible.  i dunno how many pairs of eyes the guy has.

let's do it again next year but with wine and cheese instead of beer and bratwurst.

Mountie1

• Semi Professional
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »
 ;D  Congratulations everyone especially Colin.

Best wishes,
Peter "Mountie"

Jev

• Professional
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:43 PM »
Cheers Torrance was great racing with you.

I had a brilliant time, only finished building the bike the night before we left so had to be happy with any result and some great racing so well worth the long drive.

Thanks to all the guys that lent me 12v batteries. We made it home with 2 spare thanks to good weather and derek for swaping the jump leads to the next spare while we were driving :).  Must get the alternator fixed before Halifax  ;D

Congrats to Daddy Col, hope u get to bring her to a few meetings ;).

Fingers crossed I can get leave for the next one.
Jevon Frost

Graham Clarke

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 10:06:59 PM »
Hi All

Just to say , and sorry to say , you will all have to put up with me at halifax ,
As the worlds have renewed my interest, Yes i know i did 4 motors , oh plus dezs thats 5 then, sorry mate i o u.
Many thanks to JV for the work he did for me , no one can go that far without all that help,

Thanks also to all the uk guys, because i was lost with gearing, with so many motors going bang
so cheers chaps.
Col im am so happy for you , i know you will be a great Dad

Yes i did have fun , so , hay roll on france:)
Ta Graham
its quicker on two wheels with a FF01-16 NITRO

Peter Chang

• Professional
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 10:43:22 PM »
Rub it in why don't you, I wished I could have made it.

Gongratulations to ALL who competed, it sounds like it was yet another great meeting. I've got to mention Roger, great effort mate, bet your pleased you went! Dave Scouse, top job, but we wouldn't expect any less from you. As for Colin, awesome mate - you'll be a great dad - she'll love getting new bikes for birthdays!

Good to hear that yet again bikers show their willingness to help out their rivals, it is what makes the bike meetings tops for the enjoyment factor.

I don't think I can make France but I'm sure trying to see how I can make it happen.

Missing racing but at least our container of toys should arrive this week and I can start working on the locals re: bikes.

Our bathroom is still not tiled Graham.

All the best
Peter
Peter Chang

I.Mc

• Racer
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
Well done all wish I could have been there sound like a good time was had by all, the track looked great and the trophies were spot on well worth fighting for.
Ian.

Graham Clarke

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 01:01:46 PM »
did anyone take the track temp in germany,? Sat or Sun
Ta Graham

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 03:05:04 PM »

47 degrees,  before the finals started

Graham Clarke

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »

47 degrees,  before the finals started

Thanks rich i forgot to do it, see you at Halifax.
Graham
Ta Graham

Roger Hardy

• Semi Professional
  • Phil Booth Models
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 05:43:21 PM »
Just got back from germany after a week in winterberg, and reading all the threads brings back to mind what an awesome weekend of racing it was.Met loads of new freinds and the british team was solid and supportive!
Many thanks go to all that helped me, but one person really needs a mention, and thats Rich Blisset.After some good qualifiers he did not turn a wheel in the finals on sunday due to a machanical failure.but that didn't stop him starting,spotting and marshalling for me in five races, as he had done all weekend and he pitted for ken in the nitro! A real star of the sport!
whats your tipple Rich? I owe you one... or two

Many thanks to Andy at PBM Racing for sorting me out before going to germany.

See you all at halifax
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:17:12 PM by Roger Hardy »
P.B.M. Racing      www.pbmracing.co.uk
SMD                  www.s-m-d.co.uk
K.P. Designs       www.kp-designs.co.uk/
LRP                   www.lrp.cc/

Dave Scouse

• Professional
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 08:18:37 PM »
hi roger,good to see you both made it home safe,cant waite to see you race at halifax am looking forward to a great race off you.i was struggling to keep up with you.you are defo a future champion.and i agree with what you say about richard he worked realy hard taking care of you and everyone.well done ric.maybe next year ric.it was bad luck what happened to you.see you and lara at halifax.
Secretary for rc 1/5 bikes for 2010/2011