RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 2015 AGM  (Read 7581 times)

Gazc83

• Racer
  • Gc
Re: 2015 AGM
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
i thought that also i reckon blinky 13.5 looks like ill have to mill a front brake for my outlaw gonna build a outlaw even if i just use it to practice get the idea out there  ;) ;D
FF01

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
Gary - I'd go to a 10.5t. When I tried the 13.5t it wasn't a big as step from the 17.5t as I expected.

Awynn

• Racer
  • Alex W.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 04:28:53 PM »
I personally much prefer having the 3 finals so if one goes horribly wrong it's not the end of the world.
  Also the 3 fastest qualifying I think is a welcome advantage for us 'lesser' drivers who can't necessarily keep it on the track all of the time and allows us to gather ourselves together, not panic and carry on still with a chance... It makes for much more relaxed enjoyable racing in my opinion.

As for the idea of a 'outlaw' class, is it just going to be a way for those with 'spare' bikes to run in more classes just to get more track time, taking it away from other possibilities such as longer qualifying/finals and causing marshaling issues? I suspect if you had to chose stock OR 'outlaw' it may not happen and if you want to run a front brake and a faster motor isn't that exactly what the superbike class is for???

p.s. this is only my opinion please feel free to disagree/discuss/persuade me differently  ;)

Gazc83

• Racer
  • Gc
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2015, 06:27:46 PM »
thats cool steve i wouldnt mind either way, and i agree with alex as to the 3 lap i like that for the same reasons he does as for outlaw i think you maybe right that people use there spare bike but is that so bad and yes you could say well that what superbike is for but i disagree as its more of a fun class (to get up there in superbike you need a jabber 15 haha) id like to see another class as a stock bike with a front brake would do some good lap times and be fun what about making a stock 17.5 outlaw with timing and front brake but in the end i dont mind just chuckin the ideas as long as we get lots of racing i dont mind  ;) ;)
FF01

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »
Yes..maybe if we just concentrate on Stock/Super and nitro classes,and not have a sidecar/outlaw etc..we might be able to run three quali's and three slightly longer finals......and yes keep the three fastest laps as it is more relaxed. :)

Mario24

• Professional
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:13 PM »

Personally I think the way to go is to do nothing, leave it well alone as stock superbike and nitro, I also agree that more rounds on the day is good, this will give everyone more track time, I think Awynn is spot on if you want to go a bit quicker(and it is only a bit) do SBK not stock, the difference between the two is so small you wont find a gap to fit into,

This year has had good entries and fantastic competition lets role that on and not change just for the sake of it.
If at first you dont succeed bomb disposal isnt for you

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2015, 07:53:48 PM »
Thanks for the minutes and everyone who managed to get to the AGM and sort next year out. Good luck to all return and new committee members.

Ref RC Timing and championships
I ran this software a few years back and some of its features which we bought it on (even then) was the way it handles Championships, Championship Tables and Web Uploading & Broadcasting.

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:19 PM »
Yes, thank you to everyone who took the time to attend the AGM.

Upwards and onwards for RC bike racing next year!!!😃😃👍

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
Re: 2015 AGM - Section Information
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 08:24:46 PM »
Hi,

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but have recently viewed the New BRCA website and the section for 1/5th Bikes is void of any information, not sure if this is just an error whilst transferring from the old BRCA site or we just didn't make the request to transfer it.

Can't find a section PRO in the minutes and not sure who would be responsible (probably start with the Section Secretary) so that may be something Andy could redirect.

Roy

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 10:08:52 PM »
Hi Roy

They have only just done the section after I pointed out that it was missing. Darren who is responsible for it was going to copy over the old info as a start, I'm assuming that is going to happen.  :)

Cheers Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 09:14:20 PM »
Hi Andy

Thought it might be something like that, there are a couple of sections with minimal content but they were always like that. I know we tend to use moto5 but I  think it is still good to have a presence on the site.
Pages: 1 2 [3]