RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Anderson M5 Cross, from Schumacher  (Read 35404 times)

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
Re: Anderson M5 Cross, from Schumacher
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
Diff oil is like treacle, it's designed to be used in the fluid-filled geared diffs used on nitro cars.
You tune the amount of 'slip' by the oil thickness, typically you'd be looking at 50000 in the front, 10000 in the back. Unfortunately, some manufacturers also list different grade numbers,.
You shouldn't need to use diff oil in dampers unless the piston has a large hole and the shock has a lot of leverage on it. Think I've got Schumacher 80-ish oil in my MX and used to use 120 in my TT FM1E circuit bike, but you had to mod the piston as they came with much thicker oil in the kit.

Yanni: are you using diff oil in your rear shock?
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X / X-Rider

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »
I certainly am, and it made the difference for me.

I'll be only entertaining shock oils when I figure out the big bore truggy shock conversion.

Gartenzwerg

• Rookie
  • Bernhard Renner
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »
..this seems like the right place to post this info:

Schumacher is clearing all its spare and option parts for the M5
http://www.racing-cars.com/sp/category/Product_Category/subcategory/Mega_Clearance/templateid/12/searchbox7/Spare_Parts.html

Could be a cheap way to get a new Body shell ;)

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
Got the M5 out again today, been trying to run it at springleeze for the last month but the mud so thick it not been going well, out thebox it was way down on power to cope with 2 ince's of mud it only move 10 yards and give up. Brushless and lipo put in the bike now goes round with ease,

I not done much work on this at all but from limited testing the set up on the forks/front end seem to be the most important, i finding the front kicks up on a bump mid corner and then the gyro take over and steer's the bike off line, Im going to try 10wt in the forks and twick the spring's,

also wont to try and adding some weight to the front wheel but this will be for the next test

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:00:14 PM by Whitham69 »

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2013, 05:39:09 PM »
Had an afternoon with the M5 at springleeze, mud still ince deep so im having problem getting the bike moving once on the rostrum, tryed using the wooden ramp  that the car guy use for pit stops but ended up getting jammed in tight.

Stood down track side and gave it a push start manage to get afew good laps in, there 3 good size straights which let the gyro get to full speed which allows the bike to plugh though the deep mud on the rest of the track, there a 4 foot gap between two ramps which i finaly got speed out the corner before to make in one go.

Still not happy how it riding the bumps at slow speed but half and above it stays pretty much on the line i wont now.

I DO HATE cleaning the bike after, im now puttng it in the sink reving the nut's of it to clear the back end and using the prssure from the tap to clean the rest. 

The old genride seems to be holding up well to the water and mud.

Im enjoying running this bike shame it was sat in the bos's for nearly 2 years before i got round to putting on the deans ::)

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2014, 05:52:01 PM »
I've just had my first run out with the bike since december. The track is a fair bit bumpy after last week's 1/8 rallycross club day so I tried Rich's lead tape trick on the front wheel. It works a treat. The best 4 I've spent!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]