RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: AGM Proposal Register  (Read 16912 times)

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
Re: AGM Proposal Register
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
I'm driving up to the AGM on Sunday, via Guildford and Ash (to pick-up Andy), if anyone else wants to come along then let me know. I can stay for the section meeting in the morning but need to get back so won't be able to stay for the main AGM in the afternoon.

Chris Douglas

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 11:19:44 AM »
AGM Agenda  ;D ;D

Keynote:
Opening Address from Chairman.

Apologies:
Hear Apologies from members who could not attend.

Confirmation of Minutes:
Confirmation of minutes from Bike Section 2010/11  AGM.

Committee Annual Reports:
Receive reports from section committee:
•   Chairman (Alan Leighton)
•   Secretary (Dave Scouse)
•   Treasurer (Ken Dineen)
•   PRO / Race Director (Chris Douglas)
•   H&S / Scrutineer (Dave Richards)

Election of 2011/12 Section Officers:
Identify officers who will be stepping down and hear proposals and thoughts of possible replacements, voting will then take place and officers will take their place for the rest of the meeting.

Hear Registered Proposals:
Hear any pre-registered proposals for changes to section regulations, proposals must be proposed, seconded and voted on by the members present for it to be carried.

AOB:
Hear and proposals not previously registered that arise from discussions.

Date of Next Meeting:
2012 AGM To be arranged.

Registered Proposals:

Proposal:
Keep all BRCA Bike Section Rules and Regulations in 2012 the same as the 2011 season with no exceptions.

Proposer: Chris Douglas
Seconder:?
Reasons: Because I would like to go home before 6pm on the day of the AGM.

Proposal:
keep all BRCA Bike Section Rules and Regulations in 2012 the same with the exception of:
Change the number of rounds to 6 (4 to count) split into 2 groups of 3. 3 in the first part of the year, then a break for the worlds and a mid-season GP then the final 3 rounds finishing in early to mid-October.
Only allow one bike to be used per meeting, outlawing a second chassis (wet bikes etc) Electronics are allowed, this only concerns the chassis and is at the discretion of the scrutineer and finally the race director.

Seconder: ?
Reasons: Because I would still like to go home before 6pm on the day of the AGM.

Proposal:
As part of the stock class too allow thunder tiger sb5 rtr bike to compete same rules as stock (hopefully the G2 will continue) but with the following amendments kit tyres or allowed set of 200 cuts for wet or damp dry if you feel you must. No sb5 pro parts or hop-ups unless committee deem prudent (in case a frailty should occur or waterproof speedo).
Proposer: Gerald Page
Seconder: Andy Carless
Reasons: Try and bring in fresh blood under £200 on the shelf got to be a cheap way into biking if you feel the need. Set it apart from the stock class rules so people dont rush out and buy sb5 pro parts left and right, maybe we could get thunder tiger to donate an sb5 pro as a series prize

Proposal:
Keep the G2 Stock rules as they are for 2012.

Proposer: Scott Adderson
Seconder: Martin Woodcock
Reasons: It's simple, it's evenly matched, it's not expensive, it's compatible with an RTR SB5 with only a motor swap and with no weight limit this year we've had a good showing of numbers in Stock.
Going for e.g. 17.5 brushless opens up a technology race with turbo speedos, better motors, speedo set-up knowledge, etc.
We've seen at Aldershot with the cars that BL ends up faster and faster and people end up trying all sorts of motors to get more speed and also get through several motors by overheating. Not cheap, puts people off and if I wanted to race BL I'd race in Superbike class.

Proposal:
To make all bike finals 10 minutes long

Proposer: Roger Hardy
Seconder: Chris Douglas
Reasons: To fall in line with the current rules set by the team managers at the world bike events. This would give the Brits chance to race/ practise for the ten minute duration

Proposal:
Only allow one bike to be used per meeting, outlawing a second chassis (wet bikes etc) Electronics are allowed, this only concerns the chassis and is at the discretion of the scrutineer and finally the race director.

Reasons: This will level the playing field for all. Meaning if the conditions change people can’t change to a fully setup wet bike to gain the unfair advantage.

Proposal:
Make all Saturday afternoon practice fully timed as soon as Race Director is available. This involves everyone being seeded and grouped into 15 minute. Practice sessions practice sessions will have full heats and full Marshalls (as best as possible)

Reasons: Certain well known drivers do not do anywhere near their fair share of marshalling during Saturday practice, this will force this to change and punish those who don’t Marshall.

Chris,

KP Designs KP11e Superbike, Venom GPV-1 Superbike, McLarney Daytona Stockbike, Mardave FIM Sidecar, Anderson M5 Race Pro.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2011, 07:58:23 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately didn't get chance to attend the AGM, are there any minutes from the meeting?

Have I missed them elsewhere on the forum?

Thanks in advance

Roy

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 01:54:29 PM »
I belive everything is being kept the same Roy G2 handout motors for stock, I know afew people are talking about running the speed passion 17.5 in superbike class to get ready for the worlds,

Allan still the chairman,
maggy will do race control, thank maggy
Derick mclarny will be clark of the course

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »

Thanks for the update.

I know it's a few months away still but am thinking of running in the stock class and wanted to get the bike ready for some (needed) practice after the New Year.

Am I correct in thinking the G2 motor is from Mardave?

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »
G2 is a Mardave motor, yes. Be sure to pick up one of the latest spec 4-(cooling) slot motors if you want a practise one, they make a bit more power than the older 2-slot motors and last quite well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:49:15 PM by Adder »
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X / X-Rider

Chris Douglas

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
Yes its a g2 but yu will be given one that has been issued by race control to make sure there all similar for the actual races
Chris,

KP Designs KP11e Superbike, Venom GPV-1 Superbike, McLarney Daytona Stockbike, Mardave FIM Sidecar, Anderson M5 Race Pro.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
Yes its a g2 but yu will be given one that has been issued by race control to make sure there all similar for the actual races

Thanks Chris,

Only ever run with the brushless system so thought of buying a setup for practice in the local DIY carpark (it's the only place local).

The only problem I've had to date is dodging the "trolley-park", their perfect for taking the riders head off!!!  >:(

Peter Chang

• Professional
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2011, 06:42:02 AM »
Not to hijack your AGM thread...............

I know a few people are talking about running the speed passion 17.5 in superbike class to get ready for the worlds,

After some of your "hot tips " formalizes the engine for the World Cup 2012 will be:

****** Speed ​​Passion 13.5R Competition Series 3.0 MMM ******

I've been running this motor with the Citrix stock spec esc, of course I still have some convincing to do to make the big trip.

Cheers
Peter
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:45:14 AM by Peter Chang »
Peter Chang
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]