RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: 2013 AGM  (Read 27171 times)

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
Re: 2013 AGM
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
Been talking to Tim today Davro. April 12/13th is the date I asked for. first meeting of the year this should give people time to save and hope to increase numbers, Weather can be iffy in april but your track has afar bit of grip in the wet. ferry price should be cheaper as well compared to later in the year.

I said to Tim there no rush, afew clubs do there calendar on the back of efra euro rounds the efra AGM next week I think

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2013, 06:33:48 AM »
Me and Alan have spoken,  we need to try and do abit more than just one show, Next plan is to speak to the BRCA  tell them the situation with number and get some help from them. Alan and has to put up with me me for 4 days this weekend i'll keep naggin him ,

Would of been easyer getting fund thuogh the AGM but that kind of my fault,

Im trying to get calendar sorted by 10 dec so I can get it into circuit chatter, there selling ads now. that hit's all BRCA members and give me some extra levage  when booking tracks.

Im not given up yet.

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
Rich Sorry, I did not intend to spend so much time on sidecars, the discussion just grew from asking if we can include the larger size in a single class.

Your PR ideas sound good to me.
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2013, 10:41:03 AM »
Hi All

Just waiting for the last few 'checkers' of my minutes and then I will post them here.

TBH Richard's summary is pretty much it, but I need to get the words all checked first.

Cheers Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »
Rich Sorry, I did not intend to spend so much time on sidecars, the discussion just grew from asking if we can include the larger size in a single class.

Your PR ideas sound good to me.

No hassle JJ, Lack of communication let me down sometimes,

Im trying to advistise to a different demographic than the BRCA really wont, real motorcyclest, in order to do this I cant mention "radio control" as it a different industry. I now have to try and get funds from the BRCA but I can't put BRCA or radio control in the AD, this is the issue im facing. Section money we can do with as we please within reason BRCA money they going to wont exsposer for the cost.

25000 euro I can get a 5x5cm badge on Rossi leather for a weekend, you think Jim will go for that??? :P

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »
Hi Rich,

Not sure if you are aware yet but the Mendip Committee has been completely replaced. The entire on-road committee has resigned and has been replaced by the Buggy Committee (originally the WORM club)

I might add they are all great guys, the man in charge (Chairman) is Andy Nancollis.

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »
Hi All

Minutes from the AGM2013 below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRCA Bike Section – Minutes 27th October 2013-10-28

Those in attendance:
Martin Woodcock, Fred Martin, Andy Carless, Alan Leighton, Ken Gospel, John Veal, Richard Blissett, Neal Vater, Alan Watkinson, Matt Book, Scott Adderson and Steve Leake.

Meeting Opened: 11.05 am
Last year’s minutes were approved by Richard Blissett, seconded by John Veal

Reports:
Chairman – Alan Leighton
Alan apologised for his lack of attendance at race meetings, personal commitments had got in the way. Hopefully next year would be better. He had promoted bikes quite extensively via his BRCA PR role eg the bike show in Stoke which had been received exceptionally well. All those attending the event had thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- Gadget show event came via Pete Gray, again was well received.
- Next weekend will see the largest off road bike event. We had been invited to this event because we had been seen at other events, and they were keen for us to attend. One thing that had cropped up was that people wanted to buy bikes at the events, unfortunately the BRCA can’t sell products. So some method is being found to try and get this issue resolved, as Schumacher have bikes available. Maybe Schumacher would do a deal for the show, if people ordered from Schumacher post event.
- Alan asked as to whether we would release £500 from Section fund to promote the event. Stoke event in 2014 would be a very good event to do as a meeting.
- Question was asked about running BRCA World bike championship to Chris Hardisty, who had joined the meeting. He agreed he would speak to EFRA about what involvement the European Bike racers had with them or their National bodies, but suggested we may prefer to run a non-IFMAR event . He stated the overall running of the event the BRCA could do for us if there was a suitable proposal for the meeting but we would need general people for the week to do the all the other jobs – that could be a challenge. Alan suggested we work up a proper ‘Business Case’ for the meeting, including projected costs/income, facilities, track, etc., with a view to proposing we host the 2015 Worlds. Important thing to stress will be ease of access from Ferry Ports, airports, etc.

Secretary – Richard Blissett
- Richard said it had taken him a while to get used to the role, but was now in full swing. He mentioned the lower numbers at meetings. It was noted by Fred, that the early release of the calendar had been a much appreciated as it enabled everyone to make plans for their holidays etc.
- Richard also brought up the chance of running an event at the Sweenap off road track. This could be a chance for us to showcase the off road bikes, and a fair few people were interested.

Treasurer – John Veal
- John said we had done quiet well financially this year, considering the smaller number of entrants. Our funds were only slightly less than last year. It was worth noting that we only really went into profit later in the year, early meetings costing us. It was noted that some money had been left over from the GP and it was felt this should be given to Richard to reimburse him as he had added his own money to some of the race meetings.
- It was noted that Chris Douglas wanted to move away from Administering the Moto-5 site, John said he was prepared to have a go at taking this over, with a suggestion that Chris be asked to provide a phased handover/support in order to maintain the service.

PRO/Race Director – Andy Carless
- Andy said that all this year’s race meetings had been published on the BRCA website. All results were available as well, generally the evening of the event.
- It was agreed to make the gap between the heats 3 minutes as this would allow people more time to get cells on charge and be back out to marshal.
- He also noted that getting people to marshal, particularly volunteers, was becoming an issue. This would be discussed further down in the AOB.

Health and Safety Officer – Not present
It was agreed to make a note that lipo sacks should be used and some attention to where juniors etc were positioned for marshalling.

Scrutineer – Not present

Current committee stands down and new committee for 2014 takes place
Chairman:
Alan Leighton – proposed by Fred Martin, seconded by Martin Woodcock
Secretary: Richard Blissett – proposed by Scott Adderson, seconded by Matt Book
Treasurer:  John Veal – proposed by Andy Carless, seconded by Steve Leake
PRO: Andy Carless – proposed by Steve Leake, seconded by Neal Vater
Scrutineer: Scott Adderson – proposed by Martin Woodcock, seconded by Richard Blissett
Health and Safety: Richard Blissett, proposed Andy Carless, seconded Steve Leake

PROPOSALS
Construction Rules:
1. Amendment to keep all constructions rules the same, but remove sidecars from this. Proposed by John Veal and seconded by Martin Woodcock – Vote taken, carried

Race Format:
1. Change to 3 minutes between heats. Feedback on qualifying had generally been very good, but with only four heats, more time was needed to get cells on charge and back out to marshal. Proposed by Scott Adderson, seconded by Martin Woodcock – Vote taken, carried.

Class Names to Change:
1. It was proposed to change the class names to something like MotoGP classes. We could possibly use MotoGP (electric and nitro), Moto-2 (stock) and Moto-3 (evolving). Proposed by Alan Leighton, seconded by Andy Carless – Vote taken, carried

Class Rules
Stock Class: Allow 17.5 brushless motors and non-turbo/blinky speed controlers. You can run G2 if you wish but must provide your own from now on. Proposed by Fred Martin, seconded by Scott Adderson. Vote taken, carried

Control Tyre in Stock
Discussion about the pros and cons, it was felt as some had already invested in tyres it would be difficult to find one that could be classes as a ‘control’ tyre, that could be guaranteed to work. Proposed by Gerald Page, second by Fred Martin. Vote taken, proposal not carried.

Number of Rounds
The number of rounds to be decreased to 6. Discussion on the pros and cons of doing this, it was finally agreed to go with the 6 rounds. Proposed by Scott Adderson, seconded by Fred Martin. Vote taken, carried

Bike GP to remain separate from the Series
Alan Leighton proposed that this meeting should remain separate from the series, as a kind of fun relaxed event. Proposed by Alan Leighton, seconded by Scott Adderson. Vote taken, carried

Tracks for the 2014 Series
Proposed tracks, in no particular order: Craigavon, Aldershot, Cotswold, Halifax, Adur and other one to be chosen from Mendip, Snetterton or Brooklands. Proposed by Richard Blissett, seconded by Andy Carless. Vote taken, carried.

Race Fees
A proposal to change the race fee to £20, juniors (age 12 and under) £10. This it was felt was needed to keep the funds up. Proposed Richard Blissett, seconded Fred Martin. Vote taken, carried

Drop race fee for second class
It was proposed to drop the charge for running in a second class. Proposed by Fred Martin, seconded by Martin Woodcock. Vote taken, carried.

Marshal Penalty Proposal
Alan Leighton proposed that if you fail to marshal either following your heat or in the event of being nominated to support another heat by the Race Director you will get a five place qualifying drop for the final. Extra time has been agreed between heats to ensure it is possible to be at the marshal post in good time. Proposed by Alan Leighton, seconded by Fred Martin. Vote taken, carried.

Count back to be applied to Championship Draw
In the event of a championship draw a count back on meetings where points counted, eg your 8 finals (4 rounds) would be used. Proposed by Fred Martin, seconded by Scott Adderson. Vote taken, carried.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Cameras – Richard would look into maybe getting some equipment to get some decent track photos and video etc.

Sun Advert – Alan felt it was quite expensive, £300, and would look into an alternative.

Sidecars
 – Amend the rules to allow the use of gyros. Proposed by Martin Woodcock, seconded by Fred Martin. Vote taken, carried.
- Overall size to be 435mm in length x 220mm in width maximum. Sidecar chassis must be fit within the shell. Proposed by Fred Martin, seconded by Scott Adderson. Vote taken, carried.
- Motors to be as Moto-2 class (stock) and nitro engines open. Proposed by Neal Vater, seconded by Matt Book. Vote taken, carried.
- It was felt that there may be a couple of small tweaks to make to the sidecar construction rules, not major, but these would be discussed on Moto-5, agreed and amended before next season.

Meeting closed 3.30pm

BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2013, 09:20:41 PM »
Thanks Andy
As well as making a few 'tweaks' to the sidecar construction rules along the way , hopefully we can tweak the motor rule to allow slightly quicker motors than 17.5 T.. Albeit in a differant class if people prefer...

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2013, 06:05:55 AM »
Hi Rich,

Not sure if you are aware yet but the Mendip Committee has been completely replaced. The entire on-road committee has resigned and has been replaced by the Buggy Committee (originally the WORM club)

I might add they are all great guys, the man in charge (Chairman) is Andy Nancollis.

Andy already pencil us in Roy, He seems like good bloke to work with.

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »
As well as making a few 'tweaks' to the sidecar construction rules along the way , hopefully we can tweak the motor rule to allow slightly quicker motors than 17.5 T.. Albeit in a differant class if people prefer...

Suggest we try it and see how we go to start with: if there's enough people then we could split into F1 / F2 outfits, but as you've already mentioned in a prior post it's worth just getting it up and running for now.

At least if the motor rules are the same, we can see what effect the scale and technology has on performance (if any), which would make it easier to define what constitutes which class.

If there's enough outfits running, we could set it up as a class at Aldershot for club racing with more open motor rules.
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X
BRCA Bike Section Chairman

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
Re rule sidecar rule changes. We agreed at the AGM that the chassis is to fit under the body, so maybe simplify rules to allow any size wheels / tyres and wheelbase to give flexibility.

Suggest basics of single wheel drive, single wheel steering etc, and track of wheels etc remain unchanged.

Thoughts anyone ?
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]