RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: CRMCC club  (Read 6286 times)

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
CRMCC club
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »
Is this place close to where JV and Ken live? looks like a onraod track but hard to see the size

http://www.crmcc.org.uk/

or wake field for off road practice?http://www.nookraceway.com/

http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/index.php?option=com_cbs&task=cbs2clubs&s_ord=C
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:07:31 PM by Whitham69 »

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
Re: CRMCC club
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
About 140 miles away!
If I remember correctly, it's electric only and 1/10 size, too small for us.

But thanks for looking.

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:30:16 PM »
Rich. I'm looking into the Nook Raceway.

Every time I've been down to chat, they've not been there, so I'll register on their forum and ask when they next run and catch them then.

I was skeptical about the ability for the M5 to get over the multi-layered astro cleanly, but after seeing that sweetnap video...

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:00 AM »
About 140 miles away!
If I remember correctly, it's electric only and 1/10 size, too small for us.

But thanks for looking.

I've asked Dave about joining Halifax for practice only, Waiting on a reply but don't wont to see you guys with no where run next year.

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
http://www.nookraceway.com/

Just had a reply, they seem genuinely interested for the MX bikes to be there. I'll get a run out on the track in a few weeks or so and see how the M5 copes.

I'll be trying http://www.mmrx-wakefield.co.uk/ when they run again in the spring.

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 06:43:53 PM »
I don't know if JV and Ken would be into off road but the option for on road up north slim to none, I can only find one place that will take onroad bikes near to them.....but no nitro as it in a housing estate ::)  I could get them into Halifax if I wonted to be an total a*****e and go up with enough club member to change the rules at there AGM to allow bikes :-*, That abit to nasty to do to them.

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 07:23:53 PM »
Just keeping options open Rich. Ian G has his nM5, Ken and JV have the ARX's and M5's. Stephen H has his buggies and I'll be back in Gods own county when the house sells.

Stephen Hudson

• Racer
  • Stephen Hudson
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 09:33:52 PM »
Just keeping options open Rich. Ian G has his nM5, Ken and JV have the ARX's and M5's. Stephen H has his buggies and I'll be back in Gods own county when the house sells.

I have an M5 as well!
One of the problems with growing old is the thought that, when you die, your wife will probably sell your RC gear for what you said you paid for it!

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »
Bit of Moto x in the off season just like the real GP riders. Off raod seem's the best bet for large scale bikes up north, I imagine it be hard to join another club after all the good years at skippy.

Ian G

• Racer
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 03:45:02 PM »
  With the forced loss of Skipton  I have retired. I have no interest in doing Nationals. ...There was a club with a decent looking track in barnsley .cant think where it was exactly .. But truthfully i just cant be a**ed ....Although i did think about taking up the challenge with Sidecars But looking at the recent posts i am unsure how far the rule book has been chucked out the window ....What sizes (scale).. Gyro's..Are they allowed now, so drivers can go round corners faster and not have to concentrate on the torque steer..?? Baffled ....   
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:55:19 PM by Ian G »
Ian

I FEEL THE NEED . THE NEED FOR ,,ER,,A PEE . It must be my age!!!  Oh no!!

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »
We are trying to get more people involved hence the gyro....has worked so far,up from 4 sidecar drivers too around 10.....But if you don't like the gyro...don't use it!...

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »
That's a shame. :(
I can't understand why there's not more suitable tracks your way on, unless of course indoors and 1/12th is more popular...
You'd think that clubs would be doing what they could to get numbers up, as falling turnout is a UK-wide problem these last few years...

Re Gyros: the plan is to try it and see in 2014, if there enough interest we could always introduce a 'Pro' non-gyro category at a later time for those that want a challenge!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:33:09 PM by Adder »
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X / X-Rider

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »
Ian, do you mean Wombwell, http://www.wombwelllargescalechampionship.co.uk/home.html

It'll be sad if everyone's jacking in. I'll have to go annoy 1/8 nitro buggies on my own.

Adder, you would think that clubs might try and get some more people through the doors, but when they have their 1/10 TC blinkers firmly fitted... Been on the receiving end of 'that' attitude and I'll not shed a tear for them when they fold.

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 03:01:16 PM »
Just been back to the nook. It's slippery off line and bumpy as hell, but it's certainly doable with the bike. If we have four bikes we get a heat.

I'm visiting MMRX next week so we'll see how receptive they are to having bikes...