RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: gran turismo v2.0  (Read 2738 times)

jimlee

• Racer
  • Jim Lee
gran turismo v2.0
« on: May 20, 2014, 06:45:57 PM »
Is there anyone running a KP13 with a Speed Passion Gran Turismo v2.0?
If so have you any settings for a 13.5, 10.5 or 8.5 motors.....:)
Jabber 2015
Jabber 2013
M3R

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
Re: gran turismo v2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 09:53:30 PM »
Jim i don't know that speedo explicitly but I can suggest a few basics that I'd start with:

1) Running mode - Forward and brakes only - unless you are special on the sticks and can drive a bike backwards  ;D ;D ;D
2) Drag brake force - 0%
3) Low voltage cut-off 6.4v
4) Start mode - set to the minimum - i.e. 1 - as that's normally smoothest for a bike. You can increase it if needs be.
5) Maximum brake force - 75% and then adjust your ETA on the transmitter. I'd start at 65% if running no front brake and 50% if you are using a front brake. Then adjust as needs be.
6) Maximum Reverse Force - 25% - just in case you ever try it :-) :-) :-)
7) Initial Brake Force = Drag brake force
8 ) Neutral range - 8%
9) Timing - 0% - if the tamer motors, e.g. the 13.5t, lack punch you can increase this to, say, 11.25 degrees but you can just as easily adjust the timing by 10 degrees on most motors on the can.
10) Over heat protection - off. With these settings it shouldn't be getting hot! Plus if it does cook the motor then it's more fun for everyone else if you leave a trail of smoke down the straight. The crowd like it as well!
11) Reverse :-)
12) Supercharger Boost level - off. Superbikes don't tend you use any turbo or the like. If you wan't more power then just use a lower turn motor.
13) Supercharger start rpm - n/a when off.
14) Supercharger - Full throttle delay - off
15) Supercharger start punch timing - n/a when off
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:55:21 PM by Steve Leake »

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
Once you get down to the faster motors - 8.5T etc then the holy grail of speedo settings is an amp limit as this let's you dial out the bike's desire to wheelie. You normally start at something like 60 amps and then increase it until you find the sweet spot (often around 80-100 amps).

It's this feature that makes the old GM Genius popular in the superbikes and allows people to run 5.5T motors.

jimlee

• Racer
  • Jim Lee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 10:11:39 PM »
Thanks Steve.....had thought the same about the Boost etc as I don't want that burst of power I loved with the TC....lol
I've it set up close to your suggestions but will tune it down as you suggest and adjust as the front wheel comes up or the rear breaks away.....lol
Want to build up my speed while I learn to brake from the front rather than the rear and the geometry changes that produces. :)
Jabber 2015
Jabber 2013
M3R