RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: 2015 Worlds dates confirmed  (Read 17317 times)

symon

• World Champion Poster
Re: 2015 Worlds dates confirmed
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2016, 03:13:33 PM »
If I find out anymore info I will post on here....be good to have a few more UK drivers going to the worlds this year ;)

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 04:51:59 PM »
A friendly mod could usefully split this thread, archiving the 2015 bit and starting a new topic for the 2016 worlds.

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 08:32:57 PM »
Hi All,

Firstly, Happy New Year! Hope you all had a good one and have some new toys to play with!  ;D

Looking ahead to the 2016 worlds I'm was hoping to pick your brains as to the ins and out of doing such a meeting.

I guess travelling to the track is one thing and I'm hoping to make the trip in my camper (no laughing please! ::)) so any advise from those that have done similar, did you stop halfway, did you use the ferry or chunnel???

With regards to the racing what is the format, the meeting starts on the sunday but is this practice or racing (qualifying?) are the finals the following Saturday? Is it written down anywhere what the schedule is? How do I register/book in?

I guess I'm after a 'worlds virgin guide' any advice greatly received!

PS I will be running Nitro bike, any problem transporting fuels etc?

Many thanks in advance!  :D

Karl

Karl, I am so glad you intend to go!
Fuel, probably shouldn't take on the ferry. We can discuss other possibilities later, of if you get stuck I am sure some of our German friends could supply some if we ask nicely!
The last time Ken and I went to Leipzig, being Northerners, we crossed from Hull to Rotterdam, on the overnight ferry, so you get a good nights sleep before starting the drive on the wrong side of the road!. The journey can be easily done in the day, it's an easy drive, the roads are fast and empty (compared to ours!)
From Rotterdam I think it took around 8-9 hours including stops. Officially it should take around 6 -7 hours, but as our German is almost non existent, the food stops took way longer than expected. This year we might take food, kettle and cooker as we did on the Sweden run, so much easier to stop at the rest stops than the 'motorway cafes'.

Just one word of warning about ferries - last year I got breathalaysed driving OFF the ferry, at passport check. Make sure you don't drink too much the night before (although it is very easily done!)

steliosh

• Professional
  • Stelios Chatzopoulos
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2016, 06:30:54 AM »
hmm... John... did the police breathalyse the person sitting at the front LEFT seat in the car?
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
KP09e turned to KP10e, TT FM1e, Ricky CR250, Anderson M5 Cross, TT SB-5, Venom GPV-1, Kyosho HOR (x2), Kyosho Mk1 (x3)!!! TT KT8 kart...

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2016, 07:26:10 AM »
Well, yes Stelios! He did try, asking Ken to breathe into this tube please...
Until he realised there was no steering wheel where it should be. But he spoke in English and must have seen the GB plates, so obviously not a morning person, or maybe had too much to drink himself the previous night?!

Karl Boak

• Racer
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »
Hi Simon,

Thanks and posting any info. on here would be great, ta.

Hi John,

Yes, I'm really looking forward to going, thanks for the info, tis very much appreciated, I've looked at the route you did and it might suit me to catch the ferry from Hull, would be lot less miles on the camper with the overnight ferry...

My last driving trip abroad (snowboarding) did not start well, having had the car searched from top to bottom, then somehow leaving the port through the wrong exit on the wrong side of the road I then ended up on a railway line! Happy days!  ;D

How much German do you really need:- großen Bier bitte! ::)

ATB

Karl Boak

Drives:- T3 Camper, T3 Doka, Touareg, Golf and Beetle Cab.
Rides:- Monkey
Pilots:- RG Nitro Wannabe

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2016, 07:05:39 PM »
Yes Karl, that about sums it up! Except when you stop at a local deli for a sandwich and coffee, point at the picture and say 'zwei bitte'. Then get asked so many questions. Ken and I looked at each other and just shrugged. We ended up with completely different sandwiches, but at least we didn't go hungry.

If you do go the Hull route we could drive together, if old Betsy can keep up!

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2016, 10:13:11 PM »
Me and Peter are hoping to get to the worlds this year , we are also looking at driving over and camping for the week . Do not know the route we will be taking as i have not really looked into it yet . Just a shame the TT event at Craigavon is the weekend after we get home could be a problem getting to that one . Will not give up trying though .

Neal V

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 02:19:23 PM by neal »
KP21e

Karl Boak

• Racer
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2016, 12:44:49 PM »
Cheers John, going in convoy would be a great idea, though I might struggle to keep up with you, I can do 70 at a push but introduce any sort of incline and things slooooooow down somewhat!  ::)

Not sure where January went but it will soon be the first national, hope someone has booked the sunshine this year?  8)

Karl Boak

Drives:- T3 Camper, T3 Doka, Touareg, Golf and Beetle Cab.
Rides:- Monkey
Pilots:- RG Nitro Wannabe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]