RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: GP Bikes latest  (Read 6101 times)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
GP Bikes latest
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:21:25 PM »
For anyone wondering how the sim is progressing and for those who haven't tried it yet, no we still don't have a finished version. Still on beta 6c, with a few minor nigglies to sort out including slightly unstable front end and occasional online game crashes, but nevertheless still a fantastic racing simulation, there is none better.

The demo still only has the 125 2 stroke and Philip Island to play on.

But for only 26 euros, you get the full sim and can then download all available tracks (currently around 100) including many UK tracks, most made/ converted by Rich, and all bikes (around 40) in in superb detail and various guises;
Moto3, Moto2, GP125, GP250, GP500, GP1000, SBK1000, STK1000, WSS600 and even a couple of scooters if you're into them.
You will also get a top notch car racing sim for free with the same licence.

Currently there are 2 full championships running, Moto3 and STK 1000. At the moment the STK championship races can be viewed live streaming, with excellent commentary.
And a 'hotlap' server running a different track every few weeks - very popular as it records your fastest lap, best 5 consecutive laps, top speed, theoretical best etc and gives you points accordingly.
And with many servers always running, it is very easy to join an online session and race your friends.
You can of course create your own online race session, altering almost everything, track conditions, temperature, wind direction and speed, race length, bike class, private or open, etc etc.

Best played from cockpit view (in 2 modes), so very realistic, but can also be played from chase cam (like GP500)

Some links-
GP Bikes site - http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=about
Forum - http://forum.piboso.com/
Lap records - hotlaps - http://gp-bikes.motonline-france.com/hotlap_event.php
Server list  - http://stats.gp-bikes.com/servers.php
Event live streaming - http://www.twitch.tv/slevin_kelevra_pl

It's an excellent way to hone racing skills ready for our rc bike championship, but just great fun anyway.
If you are tempted, download the demo first and verify it works ok on your system. It is a graphics hungry sim, so a good gaming desktop is best, but with all the graphics options turned down, an old laptop might be ok. An xbox style game pad is recommended, but a cheap flight joystick will be as good (what I use). You can also use a vrc usb interface and use your rc transmitter. But don't use the keyboard, it's crap ;).

Come on, join me and JJ (and Rich if he's around) in a race someday.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:26:08 PM by John Veal »

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
Re: GP Bikes latest
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »
Now a year later, I'm still having fun at this, is anyone else? Maybe have a race sometime?
Currently Beta7b, but beta 8 is imminent.

We just got Imola added to the 100 or so tracks on the database. Here's a couple of laps with me and Nick yesterday, both on Rc213vs
https://youtu.be/xwRP7NBnBjk

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 10:20:42 AM »
I'm still using it John. Had couple of sessions over Christmas. Mine is a old version, the videos look like some improvement has been made, I will update and hope to see you on track soon ! !
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+, RG Evolution Nitro 4R, X-Rider Mars 1/8th
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 11:43:15 AM »
Cool JJ. Let me know when you fancy a bit o fun!

With next to no rc racing for me this winter GP Bikes is the only way to keep the old hand - eye co-ordination up to scratch..

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »
I managed to update to Beta 7b, and downloaded a few extra tracks, Donnington was challenging, running out of braking distance too often with the long straights.

Skipton was fun, seemed the sim is a bit smoother now.

How do you export the reply files ? Could not see it in the forum.

Hope to get some practice in, then we can organise a race session. What time suits you John ? assume evenings is favorite, say 8pm ish ?

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
I always found Donnington a struggle, with the bumps anyway!
Skipton is a nice easy track, but doesn't really suit the big bikes being so short. However, it does seem quite good with the tiny s80 bikes (80cc 2 stroke, 160cc 4 stroke), I just tried the 4 stroke around there and it was really fun! 47 - 48 second lap seems good.

Replay files can only be saved in game, they can be accessed later from the main menu and / or copied from the Piboso documents folder. To make a video you will need another program to record while you are playing the replay. Such as Fraps, Afterburner etc. Or if you have an nvidia graphics card you will get 'shadowplay' free with it - that's what I used for the Imola video.

I am free from 7.30pm most evenings. Pick a track and bike and lets rock!

Actually, I can't remember if we had issues last time with a private online game, if so we'll just have to join one in the list. They are usually mostly empty anyway.

Oh yes, you will have to download all the bikes in the current bike mod before joining a server, otherwise you will get a 'bike missing' error.
And the latest MotoGP mod which was updated today

Peter Chang

• Professional
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 03:06:14 AM »
I should look into this. what controllers are you using?
Having said that, having never done games/sim on the computer it might be the same learning curve as my 1/5th scale.

Peter
Peter Chang

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 07:54:10 AM »
It seems 90% use an xbox style controller, although I use a flight joystick (Logitech 3d pro).
The sim should work on most pcs and laptops, but not all for some reason.To get the best out of it, a decent and modern grahics card and cpu is needed.
It is not difficult to drive, but as with rc bikes, it will take a lot of practice to be doing fast laps consistently..
Best thing is to download the demo first   http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads
If it works and you think it's do-able, buy the licence and then you can add just about every bike you will want and over 100 tracks.

This is a sim still in development though, so expext some bugs and problems along the way, but right now it's not far off being finished.

One slight problem for you Peter, may be the lag if you race against someone in Europe. But there are some Aussie guys racing. Anyway give it a try!

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2016, 09:40:24 AM »
Great info John, thanks.
Explains the 'bike missing' message i got when trying to join a race session.
Not installed mods before so will have ago tonight.

At Skipton I was throwing the GP1000 bike around, and agree, I will try with a smaller bike. Laptimes were 52secs so not to far behind you.

I have a nvidia graphics card, will try 'shadowplay' in case I get a good few good laps in ! I have put a few hours practice since last time, may even keep you in sight on track !! Looking forward to it.

FYI I use the VRC USB adaptor and my RC transmitter, just because it gives me more 'stick' time, but you need the PC keyboard as well.

I will let you know when I get my rig sorted to race online.

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »
Yes JJ I know you are using your transmitter, I did try mine for a while but soon went back to the joystick as that is the way I've played this for many years and it now feels so natural!

I just seen on the forum that Beta 8 is imminent, within the next week or so. Once that's done I will put up a quick start guide with links (mainly explaining how to install bikes and tracks) here for anyone else who's interested.

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2016, 07:53:22 PM »
Buying the licence (27euro) is necessary to race online of course.
And the bonus is you also get WRS car racing sim for free. And it's actually pretty good! Graphics could do with some improvement, but the cars handle nice. I just started on the rallycross car, at Holjes, great fun! https://youtu.be/JX8kZusFnn0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:35:53 PM by Moto-Admin »

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »
Quick update

Downloaded the bikes and installed them.
Able to join an online race now.

No beta 8 yet 😂

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »
Ok, pick a track and bike and get some practice. When you're happy with the lap times let's get together.

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »
OK John I think Skipton, and use the 80cc or 160cc smaller bike.

I know its a small easy track, but its just to get racing.

BTW my nvidia GT610 does not support shadowplay, so will have to try some other of your options Fraps or Afterburner etc.

I will let you know when I have done a few laps without falling off !!

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2019, 07:44:49 PM »
New Beta (15) around the corner. Included is a new moto2 bike that will be in the free demo.

Will post here when its available with links..

If you fancy having a go with this simulation, you will need a reasonably good PC or laptop, preferably with nvidia graphics, an Xbox type controller / flight joystick / VRC type USB adaptor for your own rc transmitter and of course some spare time. Download the demo and get practising. If you like it, buy the game and then you can download over 130 race bikes from 50cc to 1000cc, 2 stroke, 4 stroke and electric and over 110 tracks around the world, including all the UK tracks.
Any queries, just ask.