RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: KP15 New Bike Release  (Read 17243 times)

Mark Plested

• Professional
Re: KP15 New Bike Release
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 07:25:45 PM »
Peter Vater showed the KP15 to be very competitive on its first outing at a BRCA National series race last weekend at Aldershot. After some very close racing, the first 3 Superbike positions of the 3 legs to the finals reflected this as follows:
Leg 1 1st Simon Lancaster, 2nd Peter Vater, 3rd Gary Clarke
Leg 2 1st Simon Lancaster, 2nd Matt Tims, 3rd Peter Vater
Leg 3 1st Peter Vater, 2nd Matt Tims, 3rd Dave Tims
I was also very pleased with my KP15. Not as fast Peter, but improved my personal best by  finally cracking the 20 second lap. Was less pleased to suffer various ESC related problems.

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 11:36:52 PM »
Yes the KP15 proved to be very competitive at last weekends national and Peter was going well in all three finals . The bike was fast and stable and looked good though out the weekend . There is more to come from this bike . We now go to Craigavon N Ireland which is a much bigger track and we will see how it go's over  there . I am sure we will be on the pace and we can give the lads over there a good race . 
I now have a KP15 of my own which i will be racing in the stock class at Craigavon .  I will be spending some time at the Cotswold track getting it set up ready for this National . 

Neal V
KP21e

Mark Plested

• Professional
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »
After about 5 years away from R/C Bikes, World Champion finalist Roki Read has decided to return, along with the equally fast Darren Johnson. Today they visited KP headquarters where they both picked up their bikes of choice the KP15.
KP welcomes both these top drivers back on the scene and renewed input to bike development.

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 08:37:11 PM »
Fantastic news and I can't wait to see the pair of them doing battle with the Jabbers and RGs in the superbike class. Superbike just got very interesting. Knowing both Roki and Darren it won't be long until they are up to full speed  ;D ;D ;D

Adder

• Administrator
  • World Champion Poster
  • Sheene Tribute/M3R-16
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 12:43:05 PM »
Great new, good to see them both back racing ;D

Target pace for Aldershot then is 16 laps in 5 minute qualifying, with the current chase to break into 17s laps going on between Simon and Matt. Simon's only 0.1 off that currently...
Scott Adderson
M3R-16 / Anderson M5-X / X-Rider

Mark Plested

• Professional
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 06:20:45 PM »
I now have a KP15 of my own which i will be racing in the stock class at Craigavon .  I will be spending some time at the Cotswold track getting it set up ready for this National . 

Neal V
Hi Neal,
Will you be out with it this weekend at Cotswold. Would be good to hear how you get and Peter get on.

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »
Hi Mark we are hoping to get to the track Sunday afternoon, after we get back from taking Peter's mother for Sunday lunch . Should have time for a couple of battery's each i will let you know how we get on . I am sat at the table tonight getting the bike ready Looking forward to it's first run . Hope it's dry .
We would of liked to get to the track Saturday but we have maintenance day so the track is closed all day .

Neal V
KP21e

Mark Plested

• Professional
Roadie tyres
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »
Clark has announced a reduction in price of Roadie tyres. Watch this space for new UK pricing announcement soon!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:44:19 PM by Mark Plested »

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:12 PM »
Did not get to the track on Sunday due to being very cold and hearing there was going to be a lot of touring cars there getting in some practice so thought i would stay away . Now the track is closed for most of the week as we are having the roof fitted to the rostrum . I will be at the track later in the week doing some fencing work so will take the KP15 with me and may get a couple of runs in . If not i will be at the first club meeting of the new season and can race the KP15 with the timing on .   

Neal V
KP21e

matt book

• Professional
  • Please enter your real name, See about Moto-5
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 11:32:03 PM »
wow having a rostrum roof fitted after that done that means more racer will come and BRCA meeting for years to come and how the  KP15 bike goes pair too the KP14
TP: 6565446

Mark Plested

• Professional
Roadie tyres
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 07:38:28 PM »
Clark has announced a reduction in price of Roadie tyres. Watch this space for new UK pricing announcement soon!!
I just got word, pricing is now fixed and will be on KP website soon. Roadies are now extremely competitive on the track and also in you pocket. :o

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 07:44:00 PM »
I have been doing some fencing repairs at the track the last couple of day's also building new marshall Station for when the track is run backwards . So thought i would take my new KP15 with me and may get a couple of runs in . I new that Fred was turning up for the afternoon with his M3R so i got on with my jobs in the
morning . When Fred turn up it was time to give the new bike it's first run , the track was dry but very cold there was good grip and the bar were bent right up . I took it steady the first couple of laps and the bike felt
really good . Fred was running around as well  so i had something to go by . I was using the D scratch  bars for the first time and they were brilliant i am not going back to the balls with bearing again . After a few lap i started to get more confident with the bike and me and Fred were having great fun racing each other . I never change anything on the bike from when i received from Keith (KP Designs) just added my radio gear and fairing and the bike was great . Looking forward to the Craigavon national and giving the bike it's first competitive race .

Neal V
KP21e

Mark Plested

• Professional
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 07:44:39 PM »
Hi Neal,
Sorry to hear things did not go well for you on Sunday. How did Peter get on. I gather he won, but was he pleased with the way it went? How did his lap times look?

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 11:37:09 PM »
Hi Mark yes Peter won on Sunday but he was racing with stock bikes and did not have to push to much to get the win . I think his best lap was 23.6 which is good but he will need to be in the 22.7 or 22.8 when the big boys are there for the national . But the KP15 is looking good and there is more to come from the bike as the weather warm up and the track conditions get better .

Neal V
KP21e

Mark Plested

• Professional
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 08:42:20 PM »
I hear Roki and Darren have had a session at Aldershot during the week, for a first run with Darren's KP15. Seemed happy on a cold morning to run the bike on out of the box settings and be close to the lap record with 19 second laps.  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3