RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 20 September Club Day  (Read 1828 times)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS2 '14 Eini nitro '15 M3r '15 RGn '18 RGn
20 September Club Day
« on: September 16, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
Looks like we got 5 going this Sunday at the mo;
JB,
JV,
Mark,
Paul,
Ryan

Anyone else?
Weather looks promising!

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
Re: 20 September Club Day
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 07:38:29 PM »
You can now pre-book for the club rounds, as we now have bikes added to the class list.

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
So 7 racing bikes here today. Ken setting up his RG nitro ready for Cotswold, JB with a new radio for his KP, Paul and Ryan with their KPs, Mark with his KP, Derek with his McLarney ::) and JV with the M3r. A busy club day this time, most tables were full, so qualifying was reduced to 3 rounds to fit it all in. First round the dry track was lacking traction, causing a few offs resulting in wet tyres, causing more crashes, resulting in wet tyres, causing more..
But clearly Derek had found traction and got his McLarney up to the top slot with JB second just ahead of Paul. Round 2 and now all running, grass still damp, but confidence improving. This time Paul and JV were on it, some close racing but JV put this in the bag, Paul 2nd, JB 3rd. Round 3 and times were not improving for most, probably all trying too hard to get a better time? Although Derek finally sorted his glitch problem and put in his best time so far.
Qualifying over, Paul 3rd, Derek 2nd JV 1st. The 10 min. final saw some very close racing, Derek and JV swapping places many times, some great close moves and no contact :o. 10 laps later Derek made a small mistake, letting JV get ahead and then Derek had to fight with Paul for 2nd place and that's how it stayed to the end, with Ken, Mark and JB following. Unfortunately Ryan's bike was not at it's best and didn't run much, which was a shame, I was looking forward to seeing him run.
So another excellent meeting, well run by Bev in race control. Unfortunately next meeting is same date as Cotswold GP, so the club has been advised there may not be any bikes turning up. Please post here if anyone other than those at today's meeting wants to go. Thanks.

matt book

• Professional
  • Please enter your real name, See about Moto-5
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 10:53:12 PM »
Sound like a very good day racing and wow 7 bike racing and nice too see Derek racing again
TP: 6565446

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »
Great report, good to see another regular bike track.

Looking forward to the championship showdown with Ken, will team Superblade give the RG a challenge ?
Not long to wait now.

John remember to bring the four stoke please. I will bring a spare RX if its OK for me to have a go.

Regards JJ
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »
Thanks JJ.
Yes I'm looking forward to watching the showdown too! Hopefully I'll be Ken's pit man (Team RG!) so will be watching from the pit. I have to say it might be very close if you both finish all races.
Of course I'll remember the 4st. It still has a receiver in so no fiddling needed for a try out.