RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Club Day 14 Feb  (Read 2530 times)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS2 '14 Eini nitro '15 M3r '15 RGn '18 RGn
Club Day 14 Feb
« on: January 31, 2016, 08:47:02 PM »
It's on.
I'll be there. Who else?

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
Re: Club Day 14 Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:35:15 PM »
I'm in.

Ken Gospel

• Racer
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 06:41:18 PM »
I will be there.hope to try the m3r nitro to see if it will work.

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 07:37:48 PM »
If anyone needs an incentive to race then remember there's double winter championship points on offer for this meeting - to help make-up for the January round being cancelled due to flooding.

Moto-Admin

• Administrator
  • Rookie
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 10:17:05 AM »
The last club day if the winter series and not one we expected to go ahead considering the ongoing damage done by the new year floods. However, we got a good turnout of car drivers so the meeting continued, with the warning to keep of the infield if possible. Not too hard with a car, most were sliding and 4 wheel drifting over the slippy track, but not easy with a bike! The track surface still had silt in the grain, this turned into clouds of dust as the cars churned it up while the track was drying. So it was easy to see grip was not going to be good and very long bars were needed. Ken and Alan decided initially to run the Rg nitros, but a combination of radio glitches and hard to run engines meant the first qualifying got missed while they tinkered. Jb and JV ran stock, M3r with Grp R1s for JV and Kp with old Put 200s for JB. These proved quite runnable and reliable for us both, even enjoyable considering the conditions. Alan eventually went back the 4 stroke and Ken to his M3r. But without any setup and practice they both struggled. Throughout qualifying JB improved his best lap by an average of 2 seconds per round as his confidence with the track conditions built up, whilst my improvement was much less. So we were both expecting a close race in the final. Ken was struggling with tyres, so kept off the lead, but JB was now in the groove. Trouble is, so was Jv, with the slightly better bike, but the result was still close, only 1 lap difference after 10 minutes on a hard track. I can't wait to see JB on an M3r this year!
Next club race is same date as the cotswold national, so Alan, Ken and myself will not be there. It's the 1st round of the summer series, so anyone wanting early points...

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 12:02:15 PM »
Well done JV and to all those that raced. It's nice to see the club back up and running.

I've just updated the Winter Championships points and sent the list off to Andy......

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS2 '14 Eini nitro '15 M3r '15 RGn '18 RGn
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 07:05:10 PM »
3rd round of the Halifax Summer championship today.
Quite a busy day, with all tables being used, lots of car entries, but down to the usual 4 locals in bikes. Although busy and a late start due to so many entering 'on the day', we still got 4 rounds of qualifying in, in warm sunshine and a lovely dry grippy track. 1 KP stock bike with 3 x M3r stock bikes.
All of us had GRP R1 rain tyres, we all kept the R1 on the front and changed to P1 on the rear whilst it was still warm and dry. This meant only the rear needed changing if it rained. Which it did for the final! Actually there were spots of rain starting in our last qualifier, slowing the lap times a touch. After a slow start we all got used to the grip and conditions, had a few glitches, had some great races and looked forward to the final. By the time the finals list was up the pits had emptied by half, most of the car guys gone home as the rain seemed incessant. We all changed to full wets and longer bars in anticipation. And, by the time it was our turn, the rain had stopped and although the track was wet, it seemed quite grippy! We all realised shorter bars may have been better, but anyway, the racing was good, very few crashes and a most enjoyable 10 minutes. Thanks to JB, Alan W and Ken G for turning up and making it a great day out.
I hope we can entice a few more next time? I know some have other commitments, no problem. But don't turn up if you think there might not be enough. Even 2 is enough!
I know I have missed a few reports. Just lack of time on my part. I'll try keep up from now on ;)
Next meeting June 19th.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:08:08 PM by John Veal »