RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Club Day 19 June  (Read 2386 times)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS2 '14 Eini nitro '15 M3r '15 RGn '18 RGn
Club Day 19 June
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »
All welcome, any class. There is already enough going for a heat of bikes, but please post here if you want to join in.

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
Re: Club Day 19 June
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »
http://halifaxtrack.co.uk/booking/ Please use this if you intend to race this weekend. The club is encouraging this and it makes for an easier booking in for everyone.  :)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS2 '14 Eini nitro '15 M3r '15 RGn '18 RGn
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »
Good day today, dry track for most of the day and a heck of a lot of entries! Most I've ever seen at a club day. Bev decided 4 rounds of qualy would be run, with 7 heats - some of us thought 1 too many rounds, but hey, no complaints. What this meant was a lengthy spell between rounds and a late finish, but in some ways that was ok, as batteries were always charged, nothing forgotten and bikes fettled well in time.
And nicely surprised to see our Chairman in the pits, M2r ready to race. Also 2 new Guys, Paul Jenkinson and Colin Mulligan. Only Paul with a bike, M2r, up for a race, after only having 5 minutes car park practice!
So, qualifying and Alan L (M2r) was straight on the pace, JV with M3r was trying, JB with M3r was trying harder (with less lean, soon to be rectified), Alan W (KP) settling straight back into it with no problems and Ken also enjoying the M3r. I didn't think Paul would complete 1 lap without crashing, but he managed it ok! 
Rd1 Alan L was just 1 second behind JV after 5 mins racing, with Alan W 3rd.
Rd2 saw JB increase his lean angle to gain an extra lap, but so did JV. Alan L 2nd again and chomping at the bit for a win!
Paul J gained 2 laps, so big improvement there, but then had to leave... he will just never know how many more laps were in the offing in Rd 3!
Only Alan L and JV improved in this round, both steadily trying to out gun the other.
Then in Rd 4, Alan L improved by another lap, should have won that round, but JB came from nowhere and sneaked in just over a second quicker, then JV 0.5 sec quicker than that! Tight or what?
I could see the 10 min final being a real corker, the excitement was building, but unfortunately the expected rain came an hour or 2 early, putting an end to the day. Even so, was a top day, some clean close racing with Top Guys. Thanks all!

Next race here is the Bike National, 17 July. Hope to see a good turnout then.  Next club race is 7 August, unfortunately Ken and I will not be there, we'll be travelling to Germany for the WC.

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 10:47:56 AM »
Great report JV and it's great to see the numbers at Halifax increasing.

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:13 AM »
Hmm.... think I need to get to Halifax for practice early on Saturday, hoping to avoid being last again !!!
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »
I should be there before ten o'clock so the gates will definitely be open. Let's hope for good weather!

As a bonus, there are two rounds of leccy TCs the previous weekends so they should act as good track cleaners/rubberisers :D

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 01:54:52 PM »
Is Halifax still club members only before midday on the Saturday or has that changed?

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »
Anyone know about camping  cost ?

Club website says 'email a committee member'.

This is going off topic - I will make a new post 'BRCA Halifax 2016 National meeting'

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:09:59 PM by JJ »
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600