RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Aldershot Rd 3 20th & 21st May  (Read 13777 times)

Mark Plested

• Professional
Re: Aldershot Rd 3 20th & 21st May
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »
Well said Gary, we must support our race organisers.

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 11:06:31 AM »
Hi Gary

Yes great meeting, thanks to Neal and Peter for Race Control.

I agree with your sentiments above. All the positions that the Committee and Race Control do are “voluntary” and without them we couldn’t run an official BRCA series or probably a race series at all.

So if anyone wants to put themselves forward to enable everyone else to race, then please feel free - you will be more than welcomed.

Only thing I would say is that, myself and Scott did talk with Neal after that final and decided that due to the issues of that particular race the best thing to do would be to re-run it. Yes you wouldn’t please everyone, never will I’m afraid, but we came to the decision that was the fairest thing to do.

Neal's job is tough enough as it is without making it more frustrating.

Thanks Andy
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:17:58 AM by Andy Carless »

Paul Jenkinson

• Rookie
  • Please enter your real name, See about Moto-5
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2017, 11:51:54 AM »
Thank you Neal, Peter and Fred for running the meeting.

I would like to take the opportunity to clear a couple of things up.
Firstly, after the first B final yesterday, comments I made in the heat of the moment to Neil, have since been apologized for and in Neil words "the matter is closed".

Secondly, the chairman reopened the discuss, as he had received a suggestion, which was thought to be an easier solution and what was thought to be a fair outcome, and also was to save time.

And Gary, you're very welcome and again, sorry for the crap mashalling, lesson learnt!.

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2017, 01:57:20 PM »
Great meeting at Aldershot....track was looking fantastic,and with the new layout suiting the bikes really well.....well done to the Aldershot crew........

Big thank you to neil and peter for running another well run and slick meeting....even though you had to deal with some unnecessary crap...... I wont comment any more about that,as I think it has been answered very well by gary clark.....thanks gary.............

Next stop Adur! :-)

Steve Leake

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
Another great weekend and some good close racing in all classes. It's nice to see more numbers in the nitro class and my highlight was James getting his first 'podium' with a third place finish in the second nitro final.

I'm looking forward to seeing the high definition video that chap was taking as well.

Thanks to all those that ran the meeting and to those that at Aldershot who have worked hard on the track over the winter, it's looking lovely.

The most poignant moment was that little robin that was flying around all weekend and sat on the counter of 'Robin's cafe'.

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2017, 11:11:55 PM »
Well said Gary and Andy, Totally agree with both your posts .

After having a few day's to think about last weekends National i would like to give you all my thought .
Me and Peter have been racing bikes for 8 years now and have attend all National in that time , the reason for this is we are a lay back section and do not take racing two seriously, we try to have fun win or lose . I know in the past we have had people shouting at marshalls and have lost races because of bad marshalling but you take it on the chin and move on to the next race not go into race control causing a scene and hold up the meeting .
I know the marshalling in the B final was not the fastest but we all know that Matt B can not hear to well and Martin is not the fastest marshall in the section but they turn up and pay there money and they are good lads .
I know i am not the best at being a race director but i took the job on to take my turn to help the section out so we can run a National championship and HAVE FUN not argue and shout at each other. As Andy said if anyone would like to help out please step forward you will be most welcome .
The one thing that hurt me the most was a few comment made about my abilities to run a race meeting that i was crap and useless and should not be in race control this hurt me a lot and i felt like walking away. All last year i ran race control with no problems at all, every race meeting went well and i was still enjoying my racing this year has been different.
Because of are lack of numbers in super bike and nitro bike it hard to get the tracks covered with marshall so  some people start shouting this means i need to be in race control more than i want to so have no time to work on my bike at all . I had a bad crash in one of the rounds bent my forks and wheel had time to fix the forks but at to run the two finals with a bent front wheel and the bike was crap for both finals . 
Some people need to accept  how the bike section run there meeting we are not touring car with 120 drivers.
We will continue to run race control for the rest of the season but if we get anymore whinging about the way we run meeting i will give it up and see if some one steps in. 

I would also like to thank Fred,Scott and Alex for there help in race control on Sunday with out you chaps i would of walked away .

My high light of the weekend was the two stock A finals great racing from all 6 bikes . Simon, Gary ,Darren battling for the top 3 spots and behind them was a great fight between Peter and Steve for the full 10min they were nose to tail racing with Peter just getting that 4th spot . Great to watch .

Neal V
KP21e

Jonathan Bradbury

• Professional
  • KP12 Stockbike, M3r Stockbike, feeble thumbs...
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
Racing an rc bike. Blummin harder than it looks.

Marshalling an rc bike. Blummin harder than it looks.

Peace out.

yianni

Alan Leighton

• Racer
  • Alan Leighton
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 01:08:57 AM »
This was voted in at the AGM to help and support you Neil so you had more time to race during race day.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https://www.brca.org/bike-documents/452-bike-section-agm-proposals-2016/download.html?p=1

5th proposal down, it's a simple case that it hasn't been put in place that's all. If the committee can provide a reason why as it's been voted on then that would help. I know i'm seen as the BAD guy from the BRCA, but if I get acked at BRCA Exec meetings is everything working as it should, then I'm the one who has to answer. It's a BRCA Section that runs a National Champpionship. So as of now... I've tried to help... I shall just race.  Happy racing guys  ;) ;) ;)
Never shut off until you see god... then back off!!

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Martin Woodcock
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 09:41:43 AM »
I am sorry for the lack of marshalling skills, I will try to improve in the future.

Please PM me if you have any positive suggestions.

The meeting highlighted some areas for improvement, lets move on and focus on the rest of the season.

BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+, RG Evolution Nitro 4R, X-Rider Mars 1/8th
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 12:34:10 PM »
Well said neil......you do and allways have done a great job,and been very fair..............As for the negatives comments you received from a few  people.....well those people have no place in the RC bike section.........

Gazc83

• Racer
  • Gc
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 03:27:17 PM »
Yes neal you have done a brilliant job for us for a while now  as you say its not because u want to do it i mean really who wants to have there racing interupted by race control duties then on top of that the arguing some people just need to understand the bikes are the way they are it cant be changed no matter how hard u try its why most of us love racing bikes

On a brighter note it will soon be adur cant wait
FF01

Mark Plested

• Professional
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »
Fully agree with you Neal
Pages: 1 2 [3]