RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2018 proposal  (Read 1758 times)

ScaryFast

• Professional
  • Gary
2018 proposal
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:19:27 AM »
I realise this is a bit early but it may provoke some discussion so didn't want to leave it to the last minute.  I have been hearing various conversations around the pits this year about the different electric classes and how to move forward.  Despite some excellent racing in the Stock class, numbers have reduced and the Superbike class has almost disappeared.  I've heard Stock class drivers saying they'd like a bit more power but can't afford the latest BRCA legal motors.  I've also heard people saying they'd like to move to Superbike but are intimidated by the power etc etc.

My proposal is to move to a single electric class using 13.5 turn motors on a blinky speedo

Advantages -
1 With just one class it will provide a more competitive class
2 Using a more powerful wind of motor will make power less critical so cheaper motors could still be competitive reducing cost
3 In the current Stock class bike weight is becoming a key factor in performance, with a bit much re power this will be less important allowing older/cheaper bikes to compete

Disadvantages-
1 Initial expense of buying another motor
2 More power may put off new starters

Please bear in mind that this is just a proposal and open to discussion.  I'm sure there are other advantages and disadvantages that I will have missed so welcome any views you may have
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten!

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
Re: 2018 proposal
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 10:20:37 AM »
Interesting idea Gary.

If its a single class would the front brake be allowed for all ?

Reason is it could cause problems with different racing lines, braked/non braked.

Personally I would like to try Superbike, its only the thought of getting in other peoples way that stops me !!   
M3Rn Nitro, Jabber 15 Moto 2, Superblade Nitrobike, Metisse Sidecar

ScaryFast

• Professional
  • Gary
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:42:16 AM »
I was thinking no front brake so essentially a faster Stock class.  However it's an open discussion for anyone to have an input.

The other advantage that I forgot to mention in the first post was that it would bring us closer to the Worlds Stock class making it easier for anyone racing at international level.
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten!

Mario24

• Professional
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »
Some good ideas, the only drawback to one class I can see is that some people like to race the stock class because they perceive the fast guys will race SBK and they stand no chance of beating them, rightly or not some people believe that they can be competitive in stock but not SBK, I would like to propose leaving stock as is but make the SBK class BRCA 10.5 blinky and front brake.

This would still leave SBK quicker than stock but slowed slightly from the present bikes, this will still give racers a choice of which class they race in but may attract some of the current  quicker stock racers into SBK.
If at first you dont succeed bomb disposal isnt for you

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '07 FS-2, '14 Einibike nitro, '15 M3r, 2015 RGn
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
I would like to leave as it is also. It's a nice idea, but I don't think it caters for new guys so well (not that we get many ::)).
I always thought 17.5 was fast enough! As it is and even on the fastest tracks there isn't much difference in Superbike and stock lap times. I think 13.5 is better suited to the larger tracks used for the WCs in Europe.
Superbike should be the class that racers aspire to, once doing well in stock. To move up to a faster class, mix with the fast riders and have fun setting up and getting used to a front brake.  If Superbike is suffering with low numbers then I agree with Dave, set a motor limit.

Or we could just abandon all electric classes and all race nitro??  Haha

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »
Good idea Gary..but I think we should leave stock as it is for at least another year......I like the 10.5T SBK,blinky esc,with front brake idea,as the jump in performance from stock to super,is not so great.....so might tempt some stock drivers to have a go at a few rounds?...as well as being a bit more manageable for a new driver if they wanted to go straight to superbike.

I would also like to see heats and finals at every round for the Hooligans next year!:-) :-)........best case scenario is a few new guys enter the nationals to race the hooligans,and maybe end up trying the bikes.....worst case scenario is the existing hooligan guys just have a laugh as usual!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Gazc83

• Racer
  • Gc
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 08:17:30 AM »
Hi some good ideas there but i think it should be left as two classes also not very happy about talk of buying new motors AGAIN as we just had to buy motors as the rules change i dont see why stock needs morepower when at halifax one of our fastest track stock was doing same times roughly as guys with muchmore power and a front brake in superbike i dont think what motor or what wind they are is going to directly affect the numbers as i dont see that is the problem why we dont see new comers more the problem is the lack of manufacturers of bikes and the current cost to buy one excluding the m3r or my FF01 as when people are new to somthing they want the security of buying a well known brand then there is a huge out lay on a jabber or rg or huge spares cost and i compare this to 1/10th electric rc. as our other well known brand kp and well priced i must say is looking to give up for a well deserved rest i think these are much more the reasons for the lack of new comers and i know other sections are dominated buy one manufacturer but there are still in thecase of 1/10 touring cars 6 or so different manufacturers giving new comers opitions i mean to buy a xray is 350 to buy a jabber 1200 inmy opinion anyway trouble is there priced like a 1/5 car yet are more like 1/10 ie electrics used size well thats my 2ps worth cant wait for mendip see you all soon
FF01

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
Hi All

There's a page on the BRCA website with all the AGM details and the forms that you need to fill in and these need to be published 4 weeks before the AGM to be valid.

https://www.brca.org/sections/brca-articles/annual-general-meeting-2017

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary
KP Designs Website Administrator
KP12e - Moto3 - Citrix Stock

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »
Hi Andy
Following some of the discussion last year I thought there was to be an EGM at the Cotswold GP to discuss the sections rules etc.,for the following year.  Is this still the case?

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 01:56:55 PM »
Hi Roy

I don't know tbh, no one has proposed one.

I believe you have to inform 'all' the members you wish to hold an EGM, 8 weeks in advance so they all have an opportunity to attend. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I take it that as there has not been anyone doing this - then no there probably won't be an 'official' EGM.

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »
Hi Andy,

Now I'm confused as having read last years minutes Scott proposed and EGM at the last National of the season (not the Cotswold GP as I thought)

So on the basis that the minutes were released after the AGM logic would say everyone has been informed??

Andy Carless

• Global Moderator
  • World Champion Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2017, 09:02:02 PM »
Fine Roy have an EGM then, I will get Scott to confirm details for you.

Thanks Andy
BRCA Bike Secretary

neal

• Professional
  • neal vater
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 09:13:39 PM »
I thought we were going to have a EGM at Cotswold GP last race meeting of the season i hope this still stands.
I would think that Scott meant that the Cotswold GP was the last national of the season . I agree with you Roy when the minutes were released after the AGM everyone has been informed .

Neal V
race director
KP21e

symon

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »
Thank you Roy for making this clear.........

Fred Martin

• World Champion Poster
  • OAP
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
Hi All

There's a page on the BRCA website with all the AGM details and the forms that you need to fill in and these need to be published 4 weeks before the AGM to be valid.

https://www.brca.org/sections/brca-articles/annual-general-meeting-2017

Thanks Andy
As stated above "proposals must be published 4 weeks before the AGM" . Then any proposals discussed at the Cotswold GP will be to late.

Fred M
The brain is willing but the body is not.
Pages: [1] 2