RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Last few date for the year  (Read 5263 times)

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
Last few date for the year
« on: August 26, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »
A few people have asked about meetings at cotswolds. Here are the last few for the year. Let me know if anyone intrested, im sure me Kris and Fred will attend so only need 1 or 2 more for a meeting to place.

20th September Club Meet 
4th October Club Meet 
11th October club meet

Dez82

• World Champion Poster
  • Dez Chand 'a good man' 1966-2011
Re: Last few date for the year
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »
Hmm the first and last are possibles, the middle one is the Mardave GP so I'll be busy that weekend, but the other two are definite possibles.

Cheers Rich, will be good practice for the Moto Gp ;-)
Dez Chand
BRCA Bike Section Chairman

If you obey all the rules,
You miss all the fun !

pete

• Rookie
  • peter
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »
hi i am thinking of getting a bike and would like to come down and see the bikes .would that be ok
pete

Dave Scouse

• Professional
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 07:30:43 PM »
hi pete.yes get yourself a bike mate you are very welcome at any meeting mate.its always great to see new people starting the bikes
Secretary for rc 1/5 bikes for 2010/2011

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »
hi i am thinking of getting a bike and would like to come down and see the bikes .would that be ok
pete

We dont have enough to put a heat on, just the 3 of us at the moment, Im going to try and get down on a saterday for some practice soon, If you like we could arrange to meet there, if not then there the GP next month which should have a good turn out of all the class's

Steve Newey

• Professional
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:38:13 PM »

Cheers Rich, will be good practice for the Moto Gp ;-)

There shouldn't be any practice allowed at the venue for at least two years before a GP event.

Snooey  :'(
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

Dez82

• World Champion Poster
  • Dez Chand 'a good man' 1966-2011
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 10:36:17 PM »
Well we can't make this sunday the 20th anyway because we'll be having fun with the off road bikes at Coventry!

At the GP there will be plenty of practise on Saturday morning before Qualifying starts Saturday afternoon, worry not!

Dez Chand
BRCA Bike Section Chairman

If you obey all the rules,
You miss all the fun !

pete

• Rookie
  • peter
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 08:20:01 PM »
hi will anybody be at the cotswolds on sunday .would you guys recomend 1/5 scale bikes you race or the 1/8 venom as i am looking for my first bike and cannot decide
pete

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »
I could pop up and a have chat, i'll bring both a 1/5th and vemon for you to look at. What time will you be about?

I'll be taking my real bike as my car in for a service over the weekend so i should be pretty easy to spot.

Richard

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »
Are you a member of the club? as i've had this email from doug, I dont wont to see you get charge for coming in!!!

The weekend of 19/20th September is Battle of Britain Weekend at Kemble Airport - now rebranded Cotswold Airport.
Kemble Air Services will be charging people to come on site, but if you have your Cotswold Model Car Club 2009 membership card, you should not have to pay to come in.
If asked to pay, please do not be abusive but try to resolve it calmly.

We want as many members as possible to attend & race so that we can put on a good show for the spectators.
We did not exhibit at this years Kemble Air Day, so this is our chance to show off what we do.

Hope to see you on Sunday morning, booking in from 9am, racing from 10am.

Doug

pete

• Rookie
  • peter
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 09:24:31 PM »
hi no i am not a member of the club .i was just hoping to look at a few bikes before making a decision on what to go for as i have been unable to find any in the local shops .i live in yate just outside bristol and the costwold meet just happened to be on when i was off work .

Whitham69

• World Champion Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 10:59:03 PM »
yeah i know Yate, used to watch trowbridge town play football there years ago.

Im going to surggest to pass on this weekend as i think you'll get stung on a admission charge to enter the site with no membership or RC equipment, They can be a bit funny when they have a flying event on, rest of the time it ok to come and go as you please.

I would go with a 1/5th, there more durable than the 1/8th's, If your not working on the weekend of 17/18th of october then there will loads of us there running all class of bikes and it would give you a chance to make an inform desision, We'll be there all night as it a weekend event so feel free to pop along at any time.

Really it depends on what you wish to do with it as well, racing wise it really only 1/5th on road at the moment with the odd meeting for off road and 1/8th, if you just after something to bash around in the fields then the new MX5 off roader is for you, if your intrested in racing then the 1/5th probily the best bet.

pete

• Rookie
  • peter
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 06:28:28 AM »
thanks for the reply , as i dont mind the planes i may still come down and see you guys anyway .
if i dont i will defenatly try for the oct weekend .here's to fine weather and good racing .
pete

MrKris

• Semi Professional
  • wanna be pro
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »
come watch how to dismantal you bike with out touching your tools buy me :P and some OUTSTANDING racing form all the other guys you will have a good day out and and good chat with us (biting my toung we are all nice people to talk to)

hehe cheers Kris
Kris Wheeler