RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cotswold Club activity 2018  (Read 624 times)

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
Cotswold Club activity 2018
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:18:17 AM »
The club has released the Club dates for 2018 on their website.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh_bY4wAfTy/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:05:46 PM by Roy Davies »

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
Re: Cotswold Club activity 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 08:20:26 AM »
First planned date for bikes is the 29th April.

Will add calendar to first post when I find out how to do it.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 02:54:31 PM »
Managed to get 5 bikes for the 29t April, Neal, Ross, LUKE, Martin and myself.

Turned out to be a very cold day but the rain stayed away.

We ran 5min qualifying and Finals as is the norm for Club Days, do to initial setup problems with the Clubs race software we only managed 3 qualifying and 2 finals. The morning was open practice, but most decided to stay warm and visit AV8 for breakfast.

Martin ran his 1/8th Bike for one of the rounds and it surprised a few of us with its speed and agility; Martin also claimed the lap record for an 1/8th Bike.

I didnít realise initially but other than Martin, the rest of us were running ZH bikes of various specs, Martin eventually running a Jabber.

Because of the uncertainty of a non-biker starting the finals we all agreed to start from the barrier below the rostrum which worked surprisingly well. I for one would use that in subsequent visits.

Next date to be confirmed in the near future, hopefully weather will be warmer and a few more may make the trip.

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »
Yes it was a cold but enjoyable meeting. The 1/8th HK370 ran well essentially out of the box, the rear wheel gyro is mild compared to some others and still gives good steering response. If we get a few more we could run as separate class maybe ?

Looking forward to the next club round, should be warmer !
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 09:37:07 PM »
Next planned date is 10th June.

Started a list on Moto 5 Facebook Group, please add your name on either site if you are interested and Iíll add you to the updated list.

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:33:03 PM »
Along with the bikes a compliment of LMP, Touring Cars (Electric and Nitro) made a decent turnout for the Club.

Six bikes made the club day on the 10th June, greeted to really nice weather and a fantastic track.

Neal, Ross, Martyn, Matt, Dave H and myself all had differing fortunes through the day.

Both Neal and Ross were on the pace from the start swapping lap times with one another in the 24/25 second lap times.

Martin suffered with minimal rear end grip throughput the day but proved you can grass track from the pit straight to the main straight on two wheels;

Matt steadily improved each round only experiencing the odd incident which spoilt each run (but he would persist with that bloody fairing);

Dave H didnít start the day well, missing the first heat as he hadnít soldered in his motor and to make matters worse he missed the last run having been wiped out on the first lap;

Both Martin and myself struggled most of the meeting, always turning up late for the starts, realising much too late in the day that the new timing system started heats with Heat 0 and not Heat 1; weíll remember for next time.

Hope to see you all again for the next meeting

http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/report/en/39066/209754

PS:- Iíll post the next date soon.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 08:17:41 PM by Roy Davies »

JJ

• World Champion Poster
  • Superblade Nitro Martin Woodcock
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 06:24:21 AM »
Yes Roy
A challenging day but great to be out in such fine weather.
Grasstracking was a surprise, did not expect it. Glad Matt is getting on ok with the Jabber, shame I canít get mine to work ! Hope for better results next time. It was starting to improve in the finals.

Very confusing, first heat is 0, donít remember other clubs with MyRCM having heat 0. Maybe they will change for next time, then we will be a heat early
BRCA Bike section treasurer
RC Rides - Jabber 15+ Moto 2, KP10N and Superblade Nitro, Metisse Sidecar
Real Rides - Ducati 900GTS and Honda Revere NTV 600