RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2.4g conversion  (Read 497 times)

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
2.4g conversion
« on: December 21, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »
I recently was in need of another receiver for another model.  But this time would have liked a dedicated tranny for it. The price of good stick radio set these days is a little off putting, so I had another look at an old 40mhz radio that I always liked, but stopped using 12 or so years ago, due to not being 2.4ghz. It was the KO Propo Esprit 2 Vantage. A 2.4g module for this radio is either hard to get,  or overpriced, so decided too look into converting it myself.
I needed and bought from T9 Hobbysport:
FrSky DHT 2.4ghz DIY Module
FrSky D4R-II 4 Channel 2.4ghz Receiver.
Around 42 for module and receiver.
Even I had no bother fitting it. Instructions with module. Done and working in 20 min. Well chuffed!

Awynn

• Racer
  • Alex W.
Re: 2.4g conversion
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 08:54:32 PM »
As you may well already know, I have been successfully using a similar setup myself for years on my Futaba steerwheel radios (both a 40Mhz and 2.4Ghz version), though I went down the cheaper and maybe a bit more DIY route and used a FlySky module @15 with 3ch receivers @ 3.50 to 6 each depending if I get locally or wait from china. I can confidently say have had zero interference issues over that time (if you don't count when an ariel had broken off or water got in!) and I think only ever had maybe 2 fail in 5+ years and 10 plus models and one of those was because I tried to charge it instead of the receiver battery in my 1/8 rallycross oops ::) and lets face it, who cares when 10x receivers cost a fraction of what just one futaba/KO etc 2.4G receiver costs :o