RC Bike Forum - Moto-5.com

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Fijon FJ918 electrics  (Read 664 times)

turbod

• Rookie
  • david withall
Fijon FJ918 electrics
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
Hi

I will be getting a Fijon FJ918 in a few days time , what servos and esc/motor combo works well with these bikes ?

Do the GRP R2 tyres fit straight on the wheels .

Roy Davies

• Professional
  • Roy Davies
Re: Fijon FJ918 electrics
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 02:39:33 PM »
Hi David

If you look a few post down on this page John has done a great overview of the Fijon, well worth a read.

John Veal

• World Champion Poster
  • '7FS2 '14Eini nitro '15M3r '15RGn '18RGn '18 Fijon
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
Hi David,
Servos that I fitted are Savox SH0263MG. Probably not the cheapest, but one of the best for the job. Just make sure the front brake servo is not stressed / stalled too much. It is a very powerful front brake and only needs a light touch on the disc to work really good and combined with the rear, allowing good braking into the turns and more than enough stopping power on the track. A light spring on the cable is good to soften the feel.
Motor power I guess depends on where you intend to run it. A small indoor track might be better with 3200kv, fast outdoor up to 5000kv. But bear in mind in kit form, there is no gearing alteration. I found any motor 5000kv upwards tends to overheat . I currently run a Hobbyking trackstar (380 size) 4400kv and is plenty quick enough, will wheelie when you want at lower speeds and is at least as fast as a stock (17.5t) 1/5 bike on the Halifax straight. Motor is just warm after a 10 minute final.
Whatever motor you choose, make sure the shaft is 3.17mm to fit the belt pulley.

GRP tyres do not fit onto the kit wheels. You will need to order a pair of upgrade wheels (link in the other Fijon post). Tyres for the Mars / HKM 390 bike may fit the Fijon wheels, but I cannot confirm at this stage.

I hope you have fun with it and I would love to hear how you get on and hopefully with your experience you can add to the Fijon knowledge base.

John

turbod

• Rookie
  • david withall
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »

Thanks for the replies and tips

The wheels on the HKM 390 are a smaller diameter so the tyres might not fit , will have to try some .